What's new

Tech Explaining U3, 4, Down Dagger

ryublaze

Noob

This is why I don't do commentary xD. If you don't want to listen to my crappy voice then just read the description below:

Yeah you can do D4, Red Dash, D4, Red Dash, etc. but if your opponent guesses wrong all he's taking is a slide, which only does 8%. If he guesses right you can either be comboed or you'll be at -3 and possibly thrown into the corner. The only way to launch from this is to burn a bar of meter for EX Down Slash, which can be full combo punished on block.

Also after Skarlet does a neutral Red Dash she's at negative advantage. So when you're doing D4, neutral Red Dash, you're at -4. If you're going to do another D4 then it's going to land on the 16h frame. Well if you do U3 it's 0 on block and if you do another U3 it'll land on the 16h frame too. So why not just do U3?

What I've been using more in my game is U3, 4, Down Dagger. All three hits are 0 on block. When you're doing the U3 you have to be close to your opponent. If you do it too far, the dagger will whiff. So you can do it after a neutral Red Dash.

What's so good about U3, 4, Down Dagger is that both hits of U3, 4 can launch without having to burn a bar of meter. You can hit confirm them into full combos as well.

U3, U3, Air Dagger (Far), B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (48%)

Also if your opponent jumps over you at the same time you do U3, you'll only be punished by an air combo because Skarlet's in the air. Most of the time it'll be less damage than being punished on the ground. If your opponent jumps too late, then he'll be hit by the U3 because of its hitbox.

You can do U3, then U3 again if your opponent's expecting the 4. I think you can do U3 about 3 or 4 times before you get pushed back too far.

I would mainly mix it up between U3 and U3, 4, Down Dagger. The reason why is because if your opponent blocks the first hit then gets hit by the 4, you can't hit confirm that. But if you input the Down Dagger then it'll combo.

D1, Up Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (29%)

Now if your opponent's in crouching animation, the D1, Up Slash is harder to link. What you have to do is D1, Dagger Toss, 1, 1, 2 or D1, Dagger toss, B1, 1, F4, Red Dash, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2. You have to reverse your inputs for the Down Slash like you're inputting an Up Slash. This only applies for the right corner.

You gotta pay attention when doing U3, 4, Down Dagger. If you input it right away and your opponent gets hit by the U3, then you'll drop the combo. What you have to do is sort of "block confirm" to see if your opponent blocked the first hit or not. If he blocked the U3, then input the Down Dagger. If he got hit, then you can hit confirm it into a combo:

U3, 4, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (41%)

The B1, 1, F4 might be hard to land so instead you can do:

U3, 4, D1, Up Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (35%)

Now if your opponent tries to do anything after U3, 4, he'll be hit by the dagger. Then you can dash in for more pressure or a throw.

After U3, 4, Down Dagger is blocked, you are just outside of D4 or F4 range. If you walk forward just a bit then you can link the D4 or F4.

An example of U3, 4, Down Dagger pressure would be:

D4, Red Dash, U3, U3, 4, Down Dagger (hit), dash, 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, U3, 4, Down Dagger

So yeah just thought I'd share this with you all. I'm not saying that you should use this, but it's just another option Skarlet has in the corner.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i didn't have time to watch yet, i'm going to do this today and eventually let my feedback on. ;)

"This nigga red need some feedback" LOL :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i didn't have time to watch yet, i'm going to do this today and eventually let my feedback on. ;)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm having connection issues, everytime i post something it doesn't shows on my screen, but when i refresh it, it duplicates lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Like the vid red, even though it will require some practice to get used to the second hit of U34 hits then down dagger to d1 combos.

Pheraphs there is easiers ways to do U34 BnBs without sacrifice exeuction levels.