What's new

Ex SFB slide pressure. Is it safe?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
After knockdowns I sometime like to EX SFB then slide, for the most part this seems to be a safe tactic. It sometimes get jumped but I've only seen it happen like twice. If it hits and is timed correctly however, it will pop your opponent up and you can combo. I just kind of wanted some second opinions on wheter you guys thought this was mostly a safe move, or just more of a gimmick.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Definitly not aganist teleporting characters. Johnny Cage maybe Raiden NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!
yeah sorry I knew that already my bad should've mentioned it. Thanks though.

Edit: I had a Sektor blowing me up on it and learned quick.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
yeah sorry I knew that already my bad should've mentioned it. Thanks though.

Edit: I had a Sektor blowing me up on it and learned quick.
I see what you mean, no, because the slide and the EX slow forceball can both be crouch blocked. Acid hand is better because it is overhead and they can not fuzzy gaurd.

However I do use the EX slow forceball and slide in one of my main combos: EX slow forceball-3,2,1-elbow dash-njp-slide(hitting into the slow forceball)-3,2,1-slide:45% You can get 48% if you add a jump in combo punch.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I see what you mean, no, because the slide and the EX slow forceball can both be crouch blocked. Acid hand is better because it is overhead and they can not fuzzy gaurd.

However I do use the EX slow forceball and slide in one of my main combos: EX slow forceball-3,2,1-elbow dash-njp-slide(hitting into the slow forceball)-3,2,1-slide:45% You can get 48% if you add a jump in combo punch.
Alright man thanks for the advice, I'm going to touch up my game then, haha.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Against non-teleporters, I like to end combos with the EX forceball, then whiff a dash right up to their face, crouching 4 into acid hand. It's a must block low, must block overhead string that's safe on block. Generally I'll cancel a dash forward and keep doing that string until the EX slow forceball hits them (probably just causing more chip damage). Pros will block this right every time, but know they can't punish it, and you'll get a substantial amount of chip damage (as well as some frame advantage as the EXFB hits). Scrubs will get bodied by the d4->acid hand and you can repeat it for lulz.

Against teleporters, you're best ending your 321 ending string with the slide (to maximize damage and get in their face) or, sometimes and sparingly, end your combos with Forward3, 1+2. The combo "ends"after the F+3...if they're not blocking, the 1+2 hits (making it the most damaging 'combo ender' he has), and if they are blocking you can cross-up on some slight frame advantage (it resets them to standing position on block). An opponent who knows this can potentially punish, but more often than not they won't/don't.

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
The best way I've found to do it is to input the 3,2,1,dash all in one swift movement. From there, you actually stall the njp a bit. (I usually count one after I finish dialing in the dash command.)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ok so I can do the jump now.

Still can't do it.. Just too hard. I give up.
Just use the piano method. When you do the jump just use the piano method, and roll yer finger across the punch buttons. Just repeat it if you have to it'll hit.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok so I can do the jump now.

Still can't do it.. Just too hard. I give up.
At the same time as you jump input 1 then slide your thumb across to 2. If you do it correctly it will seem as if the jump and the 1-2 come out almost immediately after the elbow dash because it's so fast. It just takes practice, but you will eventually get it. Don't give up, you will get the timing down. If you have the 3,2,1-elbow dash-jump down then you are almost there. Just get the 1 sliding to 2 piano method down and you've got it. It seems really really difficult at first, but once you get it you will question yourself as to why you had such a hard time with it in the first place.

GOOD LUCK.

Felix

Noob
Yeah I understand it will seem rediculous that I couldn't do it once i learn how but it's just too hard and will take too long to learn. Thanks for the help anyway. I'll stick to 3, 2, bb1, 3, 2, bb3, 3, 2, 1, bf4. Does nearly the same damage, right?

Edit:

Yeah I understand it will seem rediculous that I couldn't do it once i learn how but it's just too hard and will take too long to learn. Thanks for the help anyway. I'll stick to 3, 2, bb1, 3, 2, bb3, 3, 2, 1, bf4. Does nearly the same damage, right?
nope it does about 10% more and is way more hit confirmable and I think fast moves can interupt 32 ffb

also try adding a njb to the combo you do once you get used to that it will make the 321 dash njp easier. So the modified bnb for you is 32 ffb njp 32 sfb 321 slide/sfb