What's new

Tech EX Roundhouse Kick Cancel Armor to Damage Boost?

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I'm going to go ahead and say no you cannot, at the very least it would be very punishable. But I would reserve my judgement on the subject until Book Burning could answer it a little bit better. Through my experiences, I've found that doing my usual string of 1-2-F4 > 1-2-F4 > 4-3-ex. H20 Boost is the best way of going about getting the boost other than using a lighting and doing it while they're in the air.

Hope that helped.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I agree that would have been amazing but doesnt work like that

there has to be a way though

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I agree that would have been amazing but doesnt work like that

there has to be a way though
After lightning in a combo, you can activate the damage boost and go for a crossover when they fall to the ground. That's the "safest" way to activate the boost, IMO.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
After lightning in a combo, you can activate the damage boost and go for a crossover when they fall to the ground. That's the "safest" way to activate the boost, IMO.
So you can do lightning then boost then EX RH cancel w armor pressure?

BookBurning

Voidwards
Damage Boost is annoying because it's really great but almost impossible to use (At this point.) Against a high level player without getting your ass beat in. I've experimented with some setups for it but not of them seem viable. One setup is after hitting them with lightning, use your damage boost, and teleport in. The problem is you can't block so you have to be extremely wary of wakeup attacks.

I'm not sure however, I actually am going to start messing with setups for it again here soon to see where it gets me. But as of now it doesn't seem viable. I'll post more if I figure out anything.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
If you can stay a reasonable distance away you could use it in a combo. For example, I like to use 1-2-F4 > 1-2-F4 > 4-3-ex. H20 Boost but it's all about trying to stay safe with it since you can't block any wake-up attacks. It would really help if you could use it and somehow use the water squirt to keep them from using wake-ups.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Doing a crossover JIP after using it in the aforementioned combo is a great strategy as well. I've only discovered the JIP recently and it has done wonders for my mind-games and tech. Gotta love all the options we have with Rain, I just gotta work on wake ups and not throwing lightning around so much and I feel like my game will be maxed out.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
For me the only one way to use the boost is to use it as a trap. End the combot by a storm, use the H2O and then you can be pretty sure your opponent will do a wake up attack... on your ex-RH. x)