What's new

General/Other - Hollywood EX Nutpunch/Xray Bug

This is because 3 + 4 is the same as stance switch. So when you go from 4 to 3 + R2 too fast you get super. Perhaps disabling input shortcuts will remedy this.

Yeah I was getting X-ray a lot on accident in the corner and couldn't figure out why. I think it's a combination of the inputs leading up to nut punch. I figured out if you delay the nut punch input it won't, but under the stress of a close match I tend to still do it.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This is because 3 + 4 is the same as stance switch. So when you go from 4 to 3 + R2 too fast you get super. Perhaps disabling input shortcuts will remedy this.
Input shortcuts only affects 1+2, not 3+4 or 1+3

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It isn't a bug it is really just the way inputs work. I would get xray all the time when I used to F34 into ex nut punch (Rest in Piece) since the input shortcut for xray is R2+3+4. If you go from 3 to 4 too fast it will register as them being pressed together. Just pray your bar isn't full, or switch over to combos with a 123 ender.

Cassie is my side ho lol

wait but im not pressing 3+4 at the same time. and my shortcut is off
I heard that input shortcuts are just suppose to effect intractables, throw, or maybe just directional inputs. I don't remember the specifics, but they came to the conclusion that stance switch was unaffected by turning off shortcuts. Be nice is this got fixed by letting it get disabled.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
50% though:DOGE
i want my vortex:mad:
It isn't a bug it is really just the way inputs work. I would get xray all the time when I used to F34 into ex nut punch (Rest in Piece) since the input shortcut for xray is R2+3+4. If you go from 3 to 4 too fast it will register as them being pressed together. Just pray your bar isn't full, or switch over to combos with a 123 ender.
i thought they got rid of 3 button shortcuts/option selects

The Magician

According to my sources...
If you go 24 into ex nut punch it x-rays every time. You can't space out the buttons as much as f34 used to be because you need to input ex-nutpunch almost as soon as you hit 24. Definitely a bug.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
The moment I watched this and noticed the input log I had a feeling that the game was reading 3 and 4 at the same time even though you clearly did not hit them simultaneously. Combine that with the R2 input that was intended for the meter-burn nut punch and you got the game reading an X-ray.

For those who may be confused, pressing 3 and 4 at once causes the game to read a stance switch, or L2 by default. And L2+R2 equals X-ray.

Only way I can think of avoiding this is to make sure you don't have three bars at the time you attempt this combo.