Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Just got in to using Rain, just looking to confirm EX moves that have armor:

Aqua Port u,d+blk
Power Kick d, b+4+blk
Thermal Spring d,b+3+blk
H20 Buff f,d,b+1+blk

This sound about right?
His EX- water gun b,f+1 also has armor. Im not sure on the Ex-H20 boost. I never use it though cause its a waste of meter.

His EX- water gun b,f+1 also has armor. Im not sure on the Ex-H20 boost. I never use it though cause its a waste of meter.
Oh it does? That's good to know....did not bother trying that. The H20 boost I can confirm does have armor. In the short time I was testing it in the lab against Reptile's wake ups, it stopped all of them in their tracks.

If you can stop a wake up that has not so decent recovery with H20 boost you can do some real damage when you punish it couldn't you?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Its more reliable to just use EX-RH as anti wake up. It has super armor and you can dash out of it into full combo.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
wow dlc chars like rain and kenshia are just covered in armor, skarlet has a awesome armored move also, poor freddy armor on ex sweet dreams is ass though.

but this begs the question, why arent more rain users making use of the armor on h2o boost?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
wow dlc chars like rain and kenshia are just covered in armor, skarlet has a awesome armored move also, poor freddy armor on ex sweet dreams is ass though.

but this begs the question, why arent more rain users making use of the armor on h2o boost?
By the time you absorb the one hit you dont have time to start up his offense if the person is doing multiple moves. It can be good against one hit wake ups but overall i dont see it as being worth it. RH is much better and safer.
And what happens if they dont wake up? they get to murder you for not being able to block. Overall its just too risky. If they even see you start to boost they can delay wakeup until armor has worn off and then you cant block anything they do.

I'm not sure if this wasn't known or not but me thinks Rain isn't being played up to his full potential. You block a Kung Lao spin or Sub slide on wake up with a h20 buff, the match is pretty much done.

By the time you absorb the one hit you dont have time to start up his offense if the person is doing multiple moves. It can be good against one hit wake ups but overall i dont see it as being worth it. RH is much better and safer.
Yes Smar on a one move wake up that has a certain amount of recovery frames I think the h20 buff is very viable. You can take out half their health.

With SZ's slide you have enough time to do 3 4 bubble, 3 4 superkick, 4 geyser kick for 54%. Not bad.

Also 3 4 bubble, uppercut, 3 4, lightning, super kick, 4 geyser kick for 63%.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Yea i would maybe throw this out like once every 100 matches. Against sub if you do this and he clones you are done. Armored dash will beat both clone and slide so its better there. For the most part i wouldnt use this unless i had no other option. Say im down like 60%+ and i wanna pull a cyrax like comeback. Ex-bubble would have to be there as well to keep them from breaker. But again if you pull this off then it would be sick. However i dont see it working for the most part.

Anyway the point of this thread was to figure out which ex moves have armor. Now we know h20 buff and teleport do indeed have armor. I did my job now I'll leave it up to the experts to figure out some new tech with this. :)