What's new

EX-green hand change actually viable against projectiles?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
While I find it interesting that the EX can now go through projectiles, I don't see many uses for this besides against clones. I don't foresee many players actually using projectiles against Rep at that range. Kind of a strange decision to me. Nor do I feel the Sub match up is that difficult, spit out prioritizes ice ball and slide can be easily punished. Sub is forced to come to you and play offensively.

Yeah, the corner clone can mess Reptile up and I can see the application for it here, but other than that...I just see very limited uses for this. Other than putting the Sub match up further in favor of Reptile, how can this be used?

Giving projectile armor on EX slide would've made more sense to me....or perhaps projectile armor on EX Invis to actually encourage players to use the move more actively.

Armor does more then just provide protection for one hit of a projectile. Armor on a the EX hand now means it can absorb one attack during its active frames and continue. This is ANY attack... not just projectiles.

So now if Reptile is getting pressured on wake up... he can wake up with EX hand and absorb one hit but still launch the opponent.

But I agree...I would of much rather seen the armor added to a different special.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Well, since it's just projectile invincibility...it's not gonna be that much help, but what it does do is make the Sub matchup somewhat easier. I think that's where they were headed.

Giving it to slide would make a lot of his matchups way easier than they need to be.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Oh, does it work as an armor as well? I read various reports on the move and I've yet to test if myself. I read one report that it's an actual armor and another report that it only goes through projectiles; like the x-ray.

In the event that it IS an actual armor then Reptile now has a guaranteed wakeup launcher into a 32 FB 321 slide. I'll have to finesse the computer later to test this out myself ;)

edit: I will test this shortly and see exactly what this does since it's a mixed bag at the moment and I'm the only one that has the patch available at the moment, c'mon ms...

Armor does more then just provide protection for one hit of a projectile. Armor on a the EX hand now means it can absorb one attack during its active frames and continue. This is ANY attack... not just projectiles.

So now if Reptile is getting pressured on wake up... he can wake up with EX hand and absorb one hit but still launch the opponent.

But I agree...I would of much rather seen the armor added to a different special.
I stand corrected...I read Wonder_Chef's post that it is just projectile invincible. I jumped to conclusions when I saw it had armor. but yea...definitely making the sub match just a tad bit easier.

Kak

Noob
I too see extremely limited uses for this change. I just tested to see if it could get past Ermac and Kitana's wakeup sort-of-"projectile" launchers, the force lift and fan lift, but the armor has no effect against those moves (probably since they are not typical projectiles). In fact, the armor doesn't protect against any of Ermac's telekenetic moves. But there's gotta be something more to it than just against Sub-Zero clones, right?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
That's about all it really is great for. Which is fine...Reptile doesn't even need anything for getting around projectiles from anyone else, anyway.

It will wreck Noob if he tries to use his db+3 projectile up close, which a lot of them do since it has frame advantage on block.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
So this is practically useless? I got really excited at first thinking it has armor on wakeup so you can't be poked out and get a launch, but only projectiles? Blah

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
It will wreck Noob if he tries to use his db+3 projectile up close, which a lot of them do since it has frame advantage on block.
Exactly. No more frame traps for Noob up close and no more 'heaven prison' in the corner with clone for Sub when Reptile has meter.