What's new

Tech - Mournful Ex glaive Lockdown

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I've been messing around with tech similar to this. Although they can backdash, if they choose to ex-reversal, you can do 212 ex-glaive, then quickly b3 into fan lift. Breaks armor and provides full combo for almost every character. Doesn't work against Tempest Lao ex-spin, but works against his other variations for ex-spin. Cassie's ex-flip kick places her too far for b3 to reach. Flat out doesn't work for Liu Kang's armored specials, but you have time to do a small RC into B14 setup to break armor on glaive return. Reptile's ex-slide goes through glaive return and there's no time for b3, but I found this specifically for the Reptile MU and it's super consistent. Anyways, I've been messing around with Mournful for a few days and she's really fun!

Last edited:

Kevin Kusanagi

"Learn from this Playa"
I've been messing around with tech similar to this. Although they can backdash, if they choose to ex-reversal, you can do 212 ex-glaive, then quickly b3 into fan lift. Breaks armor and provides full combo for almost every character. Doesn't work against Tempest Lao ex-spin, but works against his other variations for ex-spin. Cassie's ex-flip kick places her too far for b3 to reach. Flat out doesn't work for Liu Kang's armored specials, but you have time to do a small RC into B14 setup to break armor on glaive return. Reptile's ex-slide goes through glaive return and there's no time for b3, but I found this specifically for the Reptile MU and it's super consistent. Anyways, I've been messing around with Mournful for a few days and she's really fun!

good shit man i like seeing more people interested in mournful, keep in mind though they could back dash hell even back dash but because kitana is free to do w.e she wants if she reads that back dash she can run up and shadow kick punish a single or double back dash, i had tested this out against kano seeing as he has a godly back dash and i was able to successfully punish his double back dash.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
good shit man i like seeing more people interested in mournful, keep in mind though they could back dash hell even back dash but because kitana is free to do w.e she wants if she reads that back dash she can run up and shadow kick punish a single or double back dash, i had tested this out against kano seeing as he has a godly back dash and i was able to successfully punish his double back dash.
Ya i know. But it's nice to know you can fuck with Reptile!