What's new

Question - Hellfire EX flame aura?

Matix218

Get over here!
I was wondering if anyone actually uses EX flame aura?

Is there ever a situation where it is worth spending a bar for enhanced flame aura or is it pretty useless?

I have never really found any uses for it that would make me want to spend a valuable bar to enhance that move.

Am I missing anything obvious?

@JTB123 @JINAMOUNAINAI @STRYKIE

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
You could use it for a restand to compliment the guaranteed chip if the regular tick damage won't be enough to kill I guess. Can't think of any reasons to use it by itself in the neutral.

Matix218

Get over here!
How much more damage does the initial hit and the ticks do when compared to the regular version? I'm at work now so I can't lab it at the moment. I know I tested it a long time ago but I can't remember.

STRYKIE

How much more damage does the initial hit and the ticks do when compared to the regular version? I'm at work now so I can't lab it at the moment. I know I tested it a long time ago but I can't remember.
Activation does 8%, ticks do 1.8% (compared to 6% and 1.2% respectively)

Matix218

Get over here!
Activation does 8%, ticks do 1.8% (compared to 6% and 1.2% respectively)
Yeah unless it is guaranteed to kill/chip out I don't see it being worth it. I wish they had given it some different properties instead of just a miniscule damage buff. They did not put much thought into ex flame aura clearly lol

STRYKIE

Yeah unless it is guaranteed to kill/chip out I don't see it being worth it. I wish they had given it some different properties instead of just a miniscule damage buff. They did not put much thought into ex flame aura clearly lol
I mean well if we wanted to make EX Aura more useful there is a certain other thing Scorpion has beginning with 'A' that isn't that good...... ;)

Matix218

Get over here!
I mean well if we wanted to make EX Aura more useful there is a certain other thing Scorpion has beginning with 'A' that isn't that good...... ;)
Yeah tbh it really would have made sense to give it armor and imo it would not even come close to breaking the character if they did

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ex Flame aura was usefull when 214~fbc was a guaranteed pressure, it could deal a lot of chip damage getting real close to 60% with the right combo.

Matix218

Get over here!
Ex Flame aura was usefull when 214~fbc was a guaranteed pressure, it could deal a lot of chip damage getting real close to 60% with the right combo.
Yeah but basically you were still looking at just a few percent over standard flame aura, kinda lame but def more useful when it all used to jail.

STRYKIE

You can still do it from 123xxFBRC, it's just much tighter, I still haven't gotten used to jailing it consistently yet.

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
Well as you guys said if they are at 11-12% at the end of a combo and use ex flame, something like s4 fbc 123 fbc s3 ex spear will do enoughdmg to close it out

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Fairly useless.

Now, if they gave it armour and made it -12 or so... Mm mm mmmmm.

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
Tbh i experimented with it in a set just now, it looks beter than i thought, ill give it some actual number testing tho

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah but basically you were still looking at just a few percent over standard flame aura, kinda lame but def more useful when it all used to jail.
You can still do it from 123xxFBRC, it's just much tighter, I still haven't gotten used to jailing it consistently yet.
The point of ex flame aura thick was the timer scam of the 214~frbc loopable pressure plus the guaranteed ex fireball blocked on the last hit to be +8 at the end, helped to clip a lot of chip damage if you take into account the thick plus the chip before getting nerfed universally plus the fire ball and the fear of getting poked out of trying to move would probably net you another blocked hit.

Right now there is really no use for ex Flame Aura considering Hellfire cannot perform 2 FA in the same combo, there is just no real reason to use it unless of course you want to spend meter.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I use it all the time!

Accidentally.

And immediately get poked out of it all the time.

He'd be better without EX Aura

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
It just looks cool. That's about it.