What's new

Every night i wear My Own Mask

Dr Doggystyle

The #1 MK Kollector from the Netherlands
I wanted to share this with all of you guys :

When i was younger (between 23-30 years) i was feeling very exhausted when i came home from a whole day work.
When I sat on the couch, I fell asleep instantly (just like Mr Bean in The Rat Race)
When i was visiting my mom, and i sat on her couch, i always felt asleep.
when I went to sleep with my girlfriend she always said I was snoring and sometimes stopped breathing. Then she gave me a push and I began to breathe again.

In all those years I never went to the doctor for this because I'm not really a person who goes to the doctor, until I got a lot of pain. So i didn't go and thought that i worked too hard and if i go to sleep early it will eventually go away.

Until that day in 2007....
i had a Honda Civic hatchback 4th generation from '87 (model '88) automatic.
I was cruising that day (with the seat laying back, one hand on the steering wheel)
that day i also was very exhausted and then one moment on a 2 way road i felt alsleep for a couple of seconds while driving !
i I woke up then hit the pavement and fortunately for me there were no oncoming traffic and there were no parked cars would otherwise have ended very badly for me
I opened the window for some fresh air and thought what happend here.
I told my girlfriend what happened and she told me let's go see the doctor (no no not the song of Kool Moo Dee :D)
As stuborn that i was i didn't want to go so she tricked me.
She told me i had to go with our son to the doctor to check his ears, he had a lot of pain inside his ears which was true.
While we were sitting at the doctor she told the doctor what happend all those years.
As a doctor she directly knew what it was.
She wanted me one night in the hospital bed with a device that would measure whether I stop breathing or not
When I agreed and got a good night sleep there.
I got a device taped to my stomach and a tube in my nose
at 22.00 he started automatically recording until 07.00 hours
a few days later I would get the result, which was then discussed with another doctor
Once we arrived I was told that I have sleep apnea.
When a normal person goes to sleep he is resting, while that for me was not the case.
A normal person stops breathing 3 to 5 times per hour, for me it was 75 breath stops per hour tops !, so high he had never seen before.
By the breath stops my brains were having no oxygen and when I awoke I was very tired and not fully rested

Since that time i have my own mask when i go to sleep :D
The mask from my CPAP device just like this one :

It's a machine that hooks up to a hose and mask that someone with sleep apnea wears while they sleep. The machine pushes air through the hose and mask and into the lungs of the person wearing it. It basically keeps someone with sleep apnea breathing while they are asleep.

Dr Doggystyle

yeah man it really sucks, i used to turn around while sleeping, with this it's not a pleasure.
now with this i sleep only on the back, but for sure it helps a lot if i go to sleep at normal hours lol

check it soon if you also need one, don't let the same happen to you as me

Dr Doggystyle

thank you ScheissNussen for the addition.
when i felt a sleep on the couch i always talked shit, if my girlfriend asked me nicely, honey are you asleep?, i talked shit back and if she asked it another time i became very angry and sometimes i did some "kung fu" when someone was pushing me to wake up
and then when i woke up, i didn't knew what happend, that was very freaky
now all is in the past for me and with this device i can have to sleep as everybody else, i also stopped snorring.

sorry to read about your friend, that's a very heavy version of it man