What's new

Strategy Evading Supermans Super with Mr. J

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
If you're sweep distance from Superman when he starts his Super you can double back dash it to evade it. I tested it all last night.

-You have to be still (Don't let him catch you jumping or moving)
-You have to be just outside sweep distance
-The timing is strict, but not impossible do once you get the rhythm going
-I don't know if this works for the entire cast, but If you do it right with Joker it works 100%
-When you're face to face with him I don't know if it'll work. I couldn't get the back dash to work.

Now I know that Superman doing a naked Super is not likely, but I still feel like this info is creditable if you find yourself in a situation where your full screen against a superman. You don't have to run from him anymore. Just back dash it, and you'll have the advantage while he has to build that meter back up.

Sorry if this seems sloppy. The internet is off at my apartment, so I'm using the wifi at work lol. I have to go now. This is probably old news, but with the complaints for Superman nerfs I figured this should be put to the forefront again. Please someone test this out for yourself and make a youtube video. See if it's a situation that works for every character. It cant be just for Joker. Anyway Enjoy your day Joker fam.

Now, could you bait this with a Gunshot-cancel into backdash? I don't remember if you cancel Gunshot whenever you want, or if you have to wait for some frames.

Uber

Noob
Why not just block it and punish? Unless its gonna chip you out, this seems unnecessarily risky

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Or you could just block...

I don't see the point here. You block it, you punish... you try to evade it you risk getting hit with 34% unbreakable for the same punish you get if you block it.

And idk why you say that superman players don't use raw super...that's the only way to do it, make a good read or punish an unsafe move.

I mean you can do a rolling gas after the super and it will hit. MB b3 it you dummy that's the answer.

Sorry but man this is kind of dumb.

A Superman has little reason to raw Super unless to punish something. Maybe we could bait and punish it. Can you block in tame after one back dash?