What's new

Question - Erron Black Erron's 21122

So I've noticed lately that Erron Black's command grab won't connect if you input the whole string and then cancel into tackle. I even heard Godspeed say it doesn't work anymore in top 8 of CEO when sonicfox attempted it on DJT I believe. So I guess my question is when did they change this? I remember reading the hotfix notes and all it said was d3 doesn't connect to tackle on hit anymore and never anything about this.

So I've noticed lately that Erron Black's command grab won't connect if you input the whole string and then cancel into tackle. I even heard Godspeed say it doesn't work anymore in top 8 of CEO when sonicfox attempted it on DJT I believe. So I guess my question is when did they change this? I remember reading the hotfix notes and all it said was d3 doesn't connect to tackle on hit anymore and never anything about this.
It still works. Godspeed is mistaken (as he sometimes is--commentating is hard when you're "on the spot" so to speak). The reason it whiffed vs DJT is because DJT neutral ducked without holding block.

It still works. Godspeed is mistaken (as he sometimes is--commentating is hard when you're "on the spot" so to speak). The reason it whiffed vs DJT is because DJT neutral ducked without holding block.
Okay, I knew that you can neutral duck it but I just wanted to clarify. I also just found that if you cancel too late into command grab it will whiff the same way that if you cancel too late into ex sand grenade it won't connect because it knocks them airborne which is really odd to me. I was wondering why somebody d1'ed me out of tackle the other day but I guess I input it too late!

You can not cancel into CG if erron black hits the full 21122 animation, they will still be in block stun and the CG will whiff. iirc i think thats what sonic did by mistake was input it at the last animation and thats why it whiffed, idk maybe he did duck. Either way you cannot land a CG if the full 21122 animation comes out.

Yeah I think you're right about sf canceling late. Either that or DJT was neutral ducking and trying to block ex grenade on reaction if that's even a thing. I wouldn't put it past him though. I just find it odd that you can cancel before the last hit of 21122 or after the last hit, yet if you input 2112 or 2112 and cancel into a special only 211 comes out. I understand you have to input the whole string but I just think that's weird.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I have trouble getting the whole thing to work sometimes as well, I think I could be doing the input too fast.
Machine gun the whole string out and then cancel into the grab when you visually see the hit you want to cancel in to.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Machine gun the whole string out and then cancel into the grab when you visually see the hit you want to cancel in to.
Yeah I believe that could be my issue, I am inputting the grab way too early/fast, like if I do NJP to 21122 and try to tackle he ends up missing a middle hit and canceling into the tackle, which is fine its better than whiffing the whole thing, but id like to get the full 21122 then do the tackle lol ill try to be more precise and see what kind of results I get.

Noob
^^
211(2)2

Start buffering in DBF during the 2 that I put in brackets and then once the 21122 animation is done just press Triangle, on a laggy connection I just mash the crap out of triangle to ensure it comes out 100% of the time lol

Yeah I believe that could be my issue, I am inputting the grab way too early/fast, like if I do NJP to 21122 and try to tackle he ends up missing a middle hit and canceling into the tackle, which is fine its better than whiffing the whole thing, but id like to get the full 21122 then do the tackle lol ill try to be more precise and see what kind of results I get.

That seems to be my issue with pulling it off too. Sometimes I have it 100% of the time but others I just can't seem to get it at all. I just have to put more work into it I guess.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
That seems to be my issue with pulling it off too. Sometimes I have it 100% of the time but others I just can't seem to get it at all. I just have to put more work into it I guess.
Yeah after some practice I find myself being more consistent with it than usual, though I still have those moments where I cant seem to do it right for some reason, I am making progress though.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
people are making this a lot more complicated than it is. 21122xxdbf2 WILL NOT tick throw on block, but the throw will connect on hit.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
(on block)21-ST
(on block)211- ST
(on block)2112-ST
(Hit Confirm) 21122-ST (Can only link Sand Tackle by visually seeing the second to last hit and then putting the input in. If you input 21122-ST all in on straight input it will not connect. There is a slight delay.)

Noob
I was having trouble with it as well. But what I find to be pretty much flawless for me is to listen to the sounds of each punch. Since humans react quicker to sound than sight. The fourth hit has a deeper thud than the others. I only start with the DBF2 when I hear it and I have no problems. I would like to check on this. If I 112 run cancel 21122 then command grab I whiff. I don't know if this is me messing it up because it may need different timing. Or if it is impossible to command grab if you 21122 after a run cancel.

Noob
Because 21122 into tackle doesn't work mid screen

21122 into tackle mid screen only works if the opponent is grounded during 21122 and if the last hit connects.

2112 works though, but why not just use 112 21122 slide? Hard knock + a lot more advantage than sand tackle.

Last edited:

Noob
I see I see. I thought you meant the 21122 command grab didn't work midscreen at all. On a juggled opponent or grounded. Slide is fine and all. But if you trying to get your opponent corner trapped then its counterintuitive. Since it throws them back out of the corner. But if its the only cancellable option then its the only cancellable option. I will frustratingly try and command grab a juggled opponent off the 21122 untill I succeed or cry. I could swear I have seen it on Youtube.

Noob
I see I see. I thought you meant the 21122 command grab didn't work midscreen at all. On a juggled opponent or grounded. Slide is fine and all. But if you trying to get your opponent corner trapped then its counterintuitive. Since it throws them back out of the corner. But if its the only cancellable option then its the only cancellable option. I will frustratingly try and command grab a juggled opponent off the 21122 untill I succeed or cry. I could swear I have seen it on Youtube.
You still have enough time to jump over them to get them in the corner after a slide. You can also do 112 211 tark. stab

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
so if erron does 211, d4 or 21122 into command grab you have to let go of block to avoid it? I was jumping straight up or backdashing on another player or was he just inputing it slow? I never got how this worked. Could someone explain it to me?
@xGunShow
@SonicFox5000

Redux

Ex Phase
so if erron does 211, d4 or 21122 into command grab you have to let go of block to avoid it? I was jumping straight up or backdashing on another player or was he just inputing it slow? I never got how this worked. Could someone explain it to me?
@xGunShow
@SonicFox5000
the grab will work after the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hit of 21122 if you are holding block. Let go of block if you think it's coming while crouching and it will always whiff allowing you to punish

STK

the grab will work after the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hit of 21122 if you are holding block. Let go of block if you think it's coming while crouching and it will always whiff allowing you to punish
ok.does jumping out work?

Redux

Ex Phase
ok.does jumping out work?
yes. jumping actually avoids his ex sand grenade and other specials he may cancel into as well besides 2 in his gunslinger variation. Note that if they can also cancel after the last hit of 21122 into anything but command grab (command grab whiffs b/c of blockstun)

STK

yes. jumping actually avoids his ex sand grenade and other specials he may cancel into as well besides 2 in his gunslinger variation. Note that if they can also cancel after the last hit of 21122 into anything but command grab (command grab whiffs b/c of blockstun)
thanks. Makes me wonder why not just jump everytime.