What's new

Ermac's projectile vs Kabal's IAGB

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Sooo i was hanging around with my friends the other day and one of them told me that Ermac's projectile lowers his hitbox low enough so he can actually dodge Kabal's IAGB. I dont know anything about this cause i havent tested it myself. Is this actually true ? Can anyone else confirm this ? Also i would appreciate it if REO could test this to see if its actually true. And i recommend him cause he can do perfect ones from what i ve seen. If this is actually true then it could even the scales against Kabal. And NO i m not trolling and NO Foxy didnt say it (just saying that cause there wont be any missunderstanding with the Sonya vs Kabal incident).

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
Even if it did, how does it even the scales?

Can't Kabal recover fast enough to block the fireball and continue his IAGB's?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Surely one instance of chip damage won't help when you rule out all the other options Kabal has.

It can be a neat little tool to have, but it won't help you win the match.

Yeah but he wont be able to outzone me and i will have the adv in hp which will make him come to me. He cant spam IAGB's all day cause simply none of them will hit me if this is true. Anyway i would really appreciate it if this could be tested.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

What i am trying to say m8 is that using a move that doesnt work against me wont get him anywhere. I receive 0 dmg cause i dodge his IAGB's but he receives chip dmg cause he can only block my projectile. He cant avoid it. And he cant punish it from full screen (i m not sure if he can EX nomad dash though). Thats my definition of outzone. To be able to keep your opponent in a safe distance, which is exactly where you want him to be, and him not being able to do anything about it.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
He can EX nomad dash thruogh the fireball. I can tell your not familiar with Kabal.

And not by that single claim mind you.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
He can EX nomad dash thruogh the fireball. I can tell your not familiar with Kabal.

And by that single claim mind you.

You dont seem to understand what i m trying to say here are you ? I m not sure if he can punish on reaction my projectile from FULLSCREEN with EX Nomad Dash which i know it has armor, dont worry about that, because its done from FULLSCREEN. Ermac's projectile has a very good recovery mind you.

Deity

Noob
You dont seem to understand what i m trying to say here are you ? I m not sure if he can punish on reaction my projectile from FULLSCREEN with EX Nomad Dash which i know it has armor, dont worry about that, because its from FULLSCREEN. Ermac's projectile has a very good recovery mind you.
Kabal's Nomad charge (En. Nomad Dash) takes 25 frames to reach fullscreen according to REO's frame data. The duration of Ermacs fireball (startup+ recovery) has not been posted in Ermacs frame data yet. But it does have 19 startup frames and is -16 on block up close, which means it has a duration of more than 35 frames. So in theory, a kabal player could probably En. Nomad dash through a fireball from ermac from fullscreen. The fireball lowering ermacs hitbox really helps him out though imo.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Kabal's Nomad charge (En. Nomad Dash) takes 25 frames to reach fullscreen according to REO's frame data. The duration of Ermacs fireball (startup+ recovery) has not been posted in Ermacs frame data yet. But it does have 19 startup frames and is -16 on block up close, which means it has a duration of more than 35 frames. So in theory, a kabal player could probably En. Nomad dash through a fireball from ermac from fullscreen. The fireball lowering ermacs hitbox really helps him out though imo.

True. Especially if the EX Nomad dash is done on reaction.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
True. Especially if the EX Nomad dash is done on reaction.
Reaction doesn't matter, the armor is only on startup, so he has to wait until it gets to his body, which is why I think Ermac might be able to block before you get there from full screen.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Look from fullscreen i really dont think that he can punish it even with EX ND.@soonk : If the Kabal player waits for the projectile to get to his body and then EX ND ofc he wont be able to punish it. Ermac will have already recovered.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Look from fullscreen i really dont think that he can punish it even with EX ND.@soonk : If the Kabal player waits for the projectile to get to his body and then EX ND ofc he wont be able to punish it. Ermac will have already recovered.
Then I've answered your question, yes?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Then I've answered your question, yes?

What i meant by "on reaction" was that Kabal can punish Ermac's projectile with EX ND the moment he sees the projectile. In that case he can punish it. If we take your scenario and the Kabal player waits for the projectile to come near him and then do EX ND, yeah he wont be able to punish it. So... the correct answer is yes he can punish it on reaction :).

EDIT: Fail post due to lack of sleep.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
And if you're full screen and Kabal EX Dashes as soon as you do the input, he'll crash into your fireball and you won't get punished. So how is the answer yes?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Omg. You are right. Now i remembered. He doesnt have full armor. Pfff yeah you have a point m8. Sorry but its quite late where i m from :).

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
NP, just wanna make sure you understand the matchup well and what you can/can't do. Oh, and yes, Ermac does duck under it. Just look out for those saws. If you see those, start teleporting into block strings.

zaf

professor
Doea kabal have bad recovery after saw? If so it would make teleport not so dumb.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk