What's new

Ermac's D+1 is very effective

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
I ran a 20 game win steak in player match yesterday playing against nothing but bad match ups against Ermac when i learned his D+1 is amazingly good for pushing back opponents jus to the point where you can dash cancel or combo after. I found this mainly effective against mileena, smoke, and reptile all tough match ups.

How dou you guys feel about it ?

NKZero

Noob
well the fact that you can do great damage off his D1 speaks for itself really. Does it have a large hit-box?

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
It has an ok hit box its not as great as kitana's D1 or scorpions but it does have good range to beat a character out like JC or mileena.

NKZero

Noob
When you were talking about your D1 were you using it consistently as an anti-air or just as a way to escape pressure or what? If it's the anti-air thing, I still don't understand why people jump in on Ermac. It's retarded and you're likely to eat combos in the 30's and even 40's.

The only time I ever jump when I'm fighting an Ermac is to cross him up, and even then you have to be careful.

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
This is why i said its so effective Ermac can use the D1 as an anti air to stop the cross up but it has to be well timed i mix up my anti airs because everyone looks for a force push so D1 is my other solid option it just requires precise timing i use D1 mainly for defense but it can be used for both.

NKZero

Noob
Dyou think out of Sektor, Cage, and Sub Zero that Sektor has the best chance of beating Ermac? Sub Zero match is close but the fact that I can't close in and I can end up being out zoned means its difficult. Also Cage will struggle getting in against a good Ermac. What about Sektor?

zaf

professor
Cage is probably the better out of the 3 against ermac. With sektor in a close 2nd. I think the sz ermac mu is in ermacs favour.
D1 is amazing for spacing, loosening the pressure and also AA. Online, good luck aa with d1, cuz it will never hit. Offline you can hit it all day.

People jump on ermac cuz they are stupid/ play online too much and just like to jump.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
What zaf said. Online is a fucking crapshoot, but offline, D1 will be one of your closest friends, legit.

<3 40-50% Combos Off Of One Itty Bitty Jab <3

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Agreed online sucks it helps to practice it online with the lag but you dont want to get to used to it because online and offline are totally different. But out of those 3 JC is the best because he has very fast normals that can frame trap you and chip and thats one of ermacs problems.

NKZero

Noob
Thank you Zaf and Spectre. Cage it is. It's a real bitch to get in though but you're right with regards to Ermac being in trouble once Cage gets in. Gotta work on that match-up more I guess...

zaf

professor
ya good luck hitting aa online.

suck that you go to punish get online an end up getting punished

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk