What's new

Strategy Ermac - Potential Use for Grounded Teleport against ducking opponents

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Like I mention in the video notes... I have NOT been able to properly test this...

and "lulz" at my missed "U4" attempts... I hate when I end up just jumping, :( ...

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
hmm.....so they dont turn around is what you're saying? and that leads to a free u4?

problem is if they decide to stand block the tp....full combo punish

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
After seeing this video, i was wandering if there is a way to make Ermac's teleport safe just like how Scorpion does it. Anyone has any ideas about that ? I have tried it many times but i havent found anything concrete.

EDIT: STORMS i ve known about this. A good setup after the teleport is also a throw or you can always mix it up from there. Thnx for making a video about this (grrrr i NEED this Ermac costume for PS3 ASAP ).

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
hmm.....so they dont turn around is what you're saying? and that leads to a free u4?

problem is if they decide to stand block the tp....full combo punish
I guess the biggest plus with this is you do NOT spin and leave yourself open for a full punish IF they are DUCKING. If they're ducking... blocking or not, Ermac lands like normal... from there if they try punish you, maybe back-dash and punish them?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I guess the biggest plus with this is you do NOT spin and leave yourself open for a full punish IF they are DUCKING. If they're ducking... blocking or not, Ermac lands like normal... from there if they try punish you, maybe back-dash and punish them?
Well pretty much you can do anything after that. IAFB would be a very good option too.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
No, my point is if the opponent just stand blocks rather than duck blocks you will go into that balled up animation.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
After seeing this video, i was wandering if there is a way to make Ermac's teleport safe just like how Scorpion does it. Anyone has any ideas about that ? I have tried it many times but i havent found anything concrete.

EDIT: STORMS i ve known about this. A good setup after the teleport is also a throw or you can always mix it up from there. Thnx for making a video about this (grrrr i NEED this Ermac costume for PS3 ASAP ).
yeah I figure it's nothing new but I figured I'd make a quick video since video is always better than just typing it up.

I may make a video on an idea I had concerning your options while at a tournament... you'll see what I mean.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
No, my point is if the opponent just stand blocks rather than duck blocks you will go into that balled up animation.
Yep... but this is for if you KNOW you can get it in there or you're willing to take a chance... it's an option... not that great though... :(

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Yep... but this is for if you KNOW you can get it in there or you're willing to take a chance... it's an option... not that great though... :(
it has potential, it all depends on the properties of the turning around animation. If i try to poke, will i still be facing the wrong way? Will my inputs be reversed? how long does it take to turn around?

Basically, if the turning around animation takes long enough that it makes u4 safe, then its a viable strategy.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
it has potential, it all depends on the properties of the turning around animation. If i try to poke, will i still be facing the wrong way? Will my inputs be reversed? how long does it take to turn around?

Basically, if the turning around animation takes long enough that it makes u4 safe, then its a viable strategy.
very true and good point... I have no one to properly test this with though.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
very true and good point... I have no one to properly test this with though.
somberness talks about the frames to do with turning around in the 1st and 2nd page of the radien frame data thread if that helps?

i could be overthinking it but wouldnt the situation were your opp is duck blocking a tele happen a bit more for the fact the tele and fireball have very similar looking startup so if your chucking fireballs theyd be ducking with out block to avoid the fireballs?

also i hate when i get a njk instead of a up normal, i want to just punch myself in the face

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
somberness talks about the frames to do with turning around in the 1st and 2nd page of the radien frame data thread if that helps?

i could be overthinking it but wouldnt the situation were your opp is duck blocking a tele happen a bit more for the fact the tele and fireball have very similar looking startup so if your chucking fireballs theyd be ducking with out block to avoid the fireballs?

also i hate when i get a njk instead of a up normal, i want to just punch myself in the face
yeah but still its very risky. Even if those two moves have the same animation startup opponent can simply wait, see the projectile and then duck. I have been considering using this as a setup in the past but i got blown up. Its a very unsafe 50/50 mixup.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
yeah but still its very risky. Even if those two moves have the same animation startup opponent can simply wait, see the projectile and then duck. I have been considering using this as a setup in the past but i got blown up. Its a very unsafe 50/50 mixup.
yea i thought it might been dodgy alright, same thing with the air blast having similar start up to air tele i guess,risky.
if ermacs ex tele didnt go into "roll" animation on block it could be a bit more viable setup maybe,
but i dont see a patch coming anyone soon,i dont think we'll even see the vita version to consoles (minus the scaling issues)

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
The opp can simply d1 Ermac, according to Fdata the recovery of Tele lasts for 35 frames on the other side, so it's a lot of time to react. Hell, if someone has good reflexes, he could full combo punish that or at least uppercut.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

ive tried it for some reason it wont come out. it only works on crouching characters

Seven

|| Seven ||
They should make Ermac's enhanced teleport safe, just like Scorpion's. I mean talk about a useless enhancement.

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?

I think that 1,2,teleport on the ground works like Scorpions f2,1,teleport but it's pretty useless when you've got 3,1 that links to combos. However if f4 was split up into f4,4 and the first hit could be linked to specials...

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I think that 1,2,teleport on the ground works like Scorpions f2,1,teleport but it's pretty useless when you've got 3,1 that links to combos. However if f4 was split up into f4,4 and the first hit could be linked to specials...
No no thats already known for a long time m8. What i was saying was that there if there was a way of making a naked tp safe like Scorpion's case. Scorpion can whiff his tp when he does it at a certain height which gives him the edge he needs to get his pressure going. The 12 tp is known for a looong time now.

Safe like in a middle of a combo? same as Scorpion when he makes you guess if back 2 or forward 4 ? I tryed same havnt seen any combo where this links :( you got any new footage of fighting : Smoke, Liu, Cyrax, Sektor, Kung, Sonya??? Id like to see i struggle in too many matchups :(

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Safe like in a middle of a combo? same as Scorpion when he makes you guess if back 2 or forward 4 ? I tryed same havnt seen any combo where this links :( you got any new footage of fighting : Smoke, Liu, Cyrax, Sektor, Kung, Sonya??? Id like to see i struggle in too many matchups :(
If i remember correctly Scorpion has a way of whiffing his teleport making it safe. Ermac also has a vortex, you can do 12 teleport and the tp will link. You can also do B2 teleport and the teleport will link also. No i m afraid i dont have any new footage atm.

If i remember correctly Scorpion has a way of whiffing his teleport making it safe. Ermac also has a vortex, you can do 12 teleport and the tp will link. You can also do B2 teleport and the teleport will link also. No i m afraid i dont have any new footage atm.
OH nice this will help me hope you record some against those chars soon

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
No no thats already known for a long time m8. What i was saying was that there if there was a way of making a naked tp safe like Scorpion's case. Scorpion can whiff his tp when he does it at a certain height which gives him the edge he needs to get his pressure going. The 12 tp is known for a looong time now.
Aah I see, kinda figured as much but wasn't sure. Good to know.