What's new

Video/Tutorial - Master of Souls Ermac MoS Combo Guide: Vortex/Basic

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I use it everything but MK. For reasons unknown it seems to trigger off of just about everything.
I have all off now, but wondering about Input shortcuts might help me with teleport, d1 , bf+2 in MoS.
To be honest I'm not even entirely sure what input shortcuts does. I guess it lets you make mistakes like when you press like down-left at the sametime.
Like for example you have something that requires a back forward input, and you press a diagonal input(like left/down) and forward it still comes out.

Alternative controls just make it harder for MK/injustice players atleast.
Instead of BF you have to put in Half-circle-forward (like SF inputs) or Down,forward turns into quarter circle forward etc etc.
It might make things more easy for SF veterans I suppose who have no experience with MK/Injustice inputs.

zaf

professor
Input shortcuts is for using interactables , throws and xray with 1 2 3 and 4. That's it.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Input shortcuts is for using interactables , throws and xray with 1 2 3 and 4. That's it.
I had read somewhere the 1+2 for interactable being associated to that, which I found odd. Ill check since I turned it off and thought my 1+3 was throwing. However I know many times I swear I did a throw and I get a regular attack instead.
But yea, with Ermac I've been try more like at the angle DB+1, to juggle, then f+2 for the ball.
Where can I read more about these buffer mechanics? can I not buffer that back with the down? More like a d+1, then b,f+2?
Or something like B, d+1, F+2?

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I was playing around and came across a relatively easy 38-40% 1 meter combo. depending on startup.
I rarely use meter on Ermac for combo's as I prefer to keep them for armored wakeups or to finish someone off with an X-ray for fun, but I figured lets see what uses I can find for the meter combo wise and came up with this.

F4, db1(ex) F21D2, step forward, F4 bf2, Ji2 B321 - 40% (41% with Ji)
Starting with B3 makes it 38%.
I found this combo rather easy after I figured it out, and could consistently pull it off.
Bonus to it is that you can push them in to the corner if you're about halfway on the stage.

Last edited:

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
These combos are awesome. Something just clicked with me and Ermac recently. It's so simple but the reason I wasn't feeling him is because I was playing too flashy. I feel like with Ermac less hits are more. I'm still spending a lot of time with Hellfire Scorpion because I can't get enough of that fireball cancel but Ermac is right up there.

Kal

<3
This is a great thread, I just picked up Ermac after having dedicated so much time on Mileena and Cassie, and I felt I needed a 3rd. No one better than my all time favorite Ninja. Glad to see he's still crazy fun. These combos and videos have been great, more about understanding what's possible and when, rather than simply copying.

Hey I'm learning Ermac, and so I'm looking for partners to train with. My PSN ID is Aqua152, so yeah, add me and we can play a few games.