What's new

Tech - Master of Souls Ermac Hard Knockdown EX Instant air blast okizeme

Embestone

Stoen
Edit: Original find here - http://testyourmight.com/threads/ermac-general-discussion-thread.49871/page-16#post-1742220

Well, if you read the title, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. The whole corpse jump EX IAB launcher has been posted before, though I couldn't find the particular thread for it.

However, I think I found another way to perform it that is much easier, and you can get a full combo off it.

So, if you can bare my cringy commentary, and give me feedback, that would be appreciated.

Here's the vid.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Good job!

I've been commentating YouTube videos for years and I need to say you're doing really really well for your first time. Nothing wrong with it. I know it sounds and feels weird but it's something you get used to and eventually it's totally normal.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Yo! Good job

Nice video I like the down to earth commentary anyway. This is my favorite sort of tech as well.

Embestone

Stoen
Damn, if I had expected you guys to like this tech, I would have withheld until I debuted it at evo lol.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
It was already known.

Yes, you end up on their other side. You corpse hop them.
Yeah that's what I thought.

How much does the air blast have on recovery? If I delay my wakeup and it whiffs can I get up and punish it? With a short wakeup delay maybe?

zaf

professor

How much does the air blast have on recovery? If I delay my wakeup and it whiffs can I get up and punish it? With a short wakeup delay maybe?
Recovery I am not sure of.. But I doubt that you would be able to get up and punish.
He does the move, then lands. When he lands Im sure he can block at the time.
Let me test and get back to you, still at work.

Embestone

Stoen

The frame data doesn't take in account for the airblast being instant, and from what I tried with sub-zero, I couldn't punish it. You may be able to punish it with another character, especially if they don't do it as low.

The only counter I've found for this so far is that you read it and reverse your inputs for the wakeup, which at that point, becomes a mindgame. I'm still exploring other holes it may have.

Edit: Revised some things.

Last edited:

Embestone

Stoen

zaf

professor
So I messed around with this set up with a few people during the weekend.

It is a good set up to catch people off guard with once or twice. But this can be completely avoided by doing a delayed wake up.
The instant air soul burst just whiffs and only really works on someone trying to wake up or just getting up normally.

It is a good set up to condition someone to expect this, then after you dash you stay on the same side and go for the B3 into combo.

I wouldn't revolve my game around this set up but it is pretty good none the less.

Embestone

Stoen
Yeah, I also noticed that if they try to wakeup with armor, they can just hold the block button to ensure that no buttons causing them to get hit will come out. Of course, ermac is still in the advantage in this situation as Ex IAB is + frames, but it beats eating a full combo.

Edit: Should clarify that holding the block button after inputing the wakeup command keeps them blocking if the wakeup doesn't come out.

Last edited:
Reactions: zaf