What's new

Strategy Ermac - Damage Goal Thread

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
While playing my Vita today I had a thought... how about making it a priority and a goal to strike 30% damage on whatever combo you do or ONLY do a combo if you know you can get 30%.

Btw, I'm picking 30% because it's reasonable.

Examples of this:
a standard anti-crossup combo I've seen people do

Advanced crossup combo by adding teleport

Remember, the goal and purpose of this thread is not to necessarily get MAX damage but to give yourself a goal of 30% damage combos every time.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
IMO, if you're not getting max damage with ermac, you're doing it wrong.

Considering how much his combos vary in damage.

zaf

professor
the scaling for his damage was lowered on vita.

a staple bnb i use on console is 45%

ln vita this is 42%

there are others but the numbers i dont remember.

and why a goal of 30%

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I like it. The 16 Bit Strategy: Trade in fanciness and flair for guaranteed, consistent damage.
30 seems reasonable for me; I play keepaway Mac, Squeezes and FB zoning and such, so if I can get at least 30-35% everytime someone gets through the wall, I'll be happy.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
STORMS , i m gonna be honest m8. I really dont encourage that. Ermac has some of the most damaging combos in the game with just one meter. You HAVE to use those combos to maximize your dmg. If you dont there is really no point on using him. His dmg is a mindgame of some kind too. Imagine someone getting hit with 50+% dmg. What will he do ? He will play defensively. This is exactly what Ermac wants. To bring him in his pace, which favors Ermac greatly. He will be afraid to approach you again recklessly. Thats the point of his dmg. He is a heavy zoner with very big dmg output. You have to exploit that to the fullest. His most difficult combos just need practice to get them going in your gameplay. Myself also a while back was against using the double jk tp combos simply because they were hard to execute. I practiced them and now i do them everytime in real matches, casuals or not. So no i wouldnt encourage Ermac players to go with 30% dmg combos. Practice the hard ones and you will be able to pull them off in matches too in no time.

Flagg

Noob
Some of Ermacs easier and more damaging combos involve his uppercut, especially if you get the uppercut after a lift into TK push.

However he has plenty of great, damaging combos, flash ones....but he has a combo ready for most situations.

Ermac is a beast, I mean he can get combos in the upper 30's, low40's off a freaking standing 1.

Wait, can someone tell me what the fuck that stage is? IS THAT THE KOMBAT TOMB PODCAST?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol seriously though what the fuck is going on?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
STORMS replace all those uppercuts with b12f1 and you got yourself some 40% combos ;)
What you're talking about, although it is slightly easier because you have to time the uppercut just right to get the force push... is actually 35% opposed to the combo I have of 36%

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
What you're talking about, although it is slightly easier because you have to time the uppercut just right to get the force push... is actually 35% opposed to the combo I have of 36%
....damn you vita scaling!

zaf

professor
im all about the double jump kick combos. metzos is right agaon on this one.

i have no problem using a meter and double jk for 53%