What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac alternate outfit spotted in new Shaolin trailer

zaf

professor
Hey guys,

Was watching the new trailer, and spotted ermac. Here is the link once again. Check out for this around 25 seconds in.

So in this video, his outfit is definitely not the one that we have been seeing from the Kombat Kast streams. Is this his alternative outfit? I do not think this is going to be his "Pharoah" DLC costume, because from the looks of this I do not see anything Egyptian at first glance. What do the rest of you think ?

@STORMS
@Jer
@Ecodus
@Metzos
@Big D
@Shark Tank
@ERR0R MACR0
@Error
@macro

ermac1.jpg

ermac2.jpg

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I think it looks better than the one we've seen so far.

It's like bone(looking) body armor.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Yes I noticed, but I thought it was the one from the story trailer. Is it different?

zaf

professor
I think it looks better than the one we've seen so far.
It's like bone(looking) body armor.
Yea it looks really good. Im liking it.
Yes I noticed, but I thought it was the one from the story trailer. Is it different?
That I am not sure about. Here is a picture from the story trailer. It is just a mug shot, you don't see anything else.

ermac3.jpg

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
It has already been shown on the mobile game trailer. Still wondering why the fuck did they unmask him. Makes no goddamn sense.

zaf

professor
It has already been shown on the mobile game trailer. Still wondering why the fuck did they unmask him. Makes no goddamn sense.
I think they are trying to give him more of his own identity.

Other then that, if you read the leaked bio's for all the characters it mentions that a part of shao kahn's soul is in side of ermac corrupting him and causing him to decay. I can imagine him being un-masked is to further delve into this side of his new story.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I think they are trying to give him more of his own identity.

Other then that, if you read the leaked bio's for all the characters it mentions that a part of shao kahn's soul is in side of ermac corrupting him and causing him to decay. I can imagine him being un-masked is to further delve into this side of his new story.
I dont get why would you need to give identity to a guy that is made out of 'souls of a thousand warriors'. Imo his design is a total step back from the one in MK9. Feels much less mysterious plus his face looks like he got burnt or some shit.

zaf

professor
I dont get why would you need to give identity to a guy that is made out of 'souls of a thousand warriors'. Imo his design is a total step back from the one in MK9. Feels much less mysterious plus his face looks like he got burnt or some shit.
Identity in the sense that he is no longer a palette swap ninja. If your first time seeing ermac was in MK9 or MKX, then you most likely would not think he was just another palette swap.

I like the look. Also, he looks all messed up because his body is decaying. Just told you that lol....

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Identity in the sense that he is no longer a palette swap ninja. If your first time seeing ermac was in MK9 or MKX, then you most likely would not think he was just another palette swap.

I like the look. Also, he looks all messed up because his body is decaying. Just told you that lol....
Honestly I didn't know his body was decaying. That would explain the skin looking very unhealthy and his muscle mass depleting. That is pretty awesome. I love his design personally.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy

I know what you wrote, I red the character bio aswell. Doesnt mean I have to like the design, just because its related to the story. Last time I remember he was a palette swap was UMK3 so I dont really see your point. For me they just took away most of what made the character interesting.