What's new

General/Other Equivalents in other games of the genre

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
This idea sprung up initially because (a) Im looking to maybe get at least somewhat seriously into a couple other games of the genre and (b) I wanted to see what chars would be the best to transition to from my main Kitana, alt Ermac, and backup skarlet.

Then I realized I could just make an identical thread for all the character forums so that ppl could chime in on which chars are similar to play as in other games (or are "parallels")compared to a certain char and what not.

So this is for the sake of advice to those transitioning from the char to another game, and for the sake of just sparking some hopefully interesting discussion on character likenesses across different titles.

Just to clarify, an example might be: Sheeva is to MK what Tager is BBCS2, or ZZangief in SF...etc and then of course expand on why you think so.

Obviously whatever character forum this thread is in will be the character being likened/compared to others from other games.

Discuss.

VIDA

Even tho I never got serious into it, I got a bit into it and in BlazBlue I would def say it would be Noel--a high damage combo character with decent zoning (esp mid) and a couple of range tools that can be comboed out of. She's also very mobile. Cant say she really contols the air tho, and she has the mixups, but then again its Blazblue and everyone has the mixuos it seems. :)

When it comes to her air game it def reminds me of lamda who can zone and combo off of caught projectiles.

Sum1 on here said playing against her was like playing Dhalsim or something?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
In BB, Kitana is more like Nu than anyone really. I haven't played since CT so I don't know who the current V-13 is lol

She's sort of like Dhalsim and Guile in SF where she has long range attacks (fan, f2, 2, d1) and constant projectile spam.

VIDA

In BB, Kitana is more like Nu than anyone really. I haven't played since CT so I don't know who the current V-13 is lol

She's sort of like Dhalsim and Guile in SF where she has long range attacks (fan, f2, 2, d1) and constant projectile spam.
Yeah Nu makes sense since she is literally a mix between Lambda/v-13 and Noel in both CT and CS. However Im pretty sure she's OP and banned hence why i didnt really talk about her.

As for lambda, the current iteration of v-13, I remember in the 1st couple versions she was basically just the same with less dmg output. Supposedly theyve tweaked her for CS2 to be more useful. But yeah her mechanics are at least fundamentally pretty much the same. Lambda even in close has long range melee normals that mimics somewhat f2 and what not, and she lacks a mixup due to her incredi-zoning, but I think Noel's rushdown mimics Kitana's rusdown more so.

Im still not sure, this thread is particularly important for me since i wanna get back into BlazBlue (a game I never really studied before tho) and want to know how I best to approach any kitana parallels. Like should I feel at home with her when she's aerial, do her combos require similar TYPES execution (not referncing general execution difficulty between games), does she require heavy footsies to catch combos, does she have similar matchup problems/advantages...etc. Again all in direct comparison to said char, in this case kitana.