What's new

General/Other - Ermac [EO Beta] Ermac Beta Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i was playing against Big D last night and he used mystic on me. Does Ex push beat out armor moves? There was this one situation where Ex push beat out my armor like it was a fast multi hitting move. I wish i recorded it but it only happened once.

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
Yes I did too at first so your not the only one. But once you know how fast you can do it, its glorious. Like Nausea said, just reconditioning that muscle memory :)
Yeah you're right the new command will definitely be an improvement in the long run, I'm just frustrated at the moment since I can't practice it and keep botching flight cancels and doing awkward njks lol. I never really played mystic or MoS so I figure I'll learn these in the beta until I can practice spectral in the actual game.

ronin takeda. I used Ex blade call to break his armor...not only did that not happen, my armor was broken instead lol
It seems to happen if timed peoperly. It won't happen often if ever again to you lol. I've been practicing it in current version (no beta).

Edit: Ex push does beat out Ex call back with perfect timing, so it wasn't a glitch just luck for whoever u were playing.

Noob

Just finished this! Mostly Beta Spectral stuff but a few others aswell! :D

God Bless DU+BLK <3
WAITTTTTTTTTTT EVERYTHING STOP........ the netcode in the beta allows for cr jab anti airs?????!?!?!?!?!?!' MIND IS BLOWN RIGHT NOW..

anyhow now that iv calmed myself, pretty amazing stuff myfriend, i always thought the idea of Spectral was fun, but poorly executed... i mean he reminds me of a MVC3 magneto of sorts which was my main in that game, and since i play all variations of Ermac when this goes live ill finally be able to switch variations to counter MUs instead of having to switch to a diferent character... Impressive

Nausea

Soul Ascended
WAITTTTTTTTTTT EVERYTHING STOP........ the netcode in the beta allows for cr jab anti airs?????!?!?!?!?!?!' MIND IS BLOWN RIGHT NOW..

anyhow now that iv calmed myself, pretty amazing stuff myfriend, i always thought the idea of Spectral was fun, but poorly executed... i mean he reminds me of a MVC3 magneto of sorts which was my main in that game, and since i play all variations of Ermac when this goes live ill finally be able to switch variations to counter MUs instead of having to switch to a diferent character... Impressive
Hahah yeah D1 anti-airs are consistent now it makes jumpers so much easier to deal with online haha!

Thank you man :) Yeah counter-picking is now a viable option for Ermac!
Spectral has always been good tbf (since the last patch anyways) but its the consistency of F4xxDDU & B3xxDDD that played the biggest part in dropped/mis-timed combos/attempting one to many jump ins. Changing the input makes this character so much more fun and deadly at the same time, it truly is glorious!

Just gonna wait for XL to come out so I can truly try out spectral. @Nausea makes it look so good
He is REALLY good man but thank you :D

Last edited:

Noob
Hahah yeah D1 anti-airs are consistent now it makes jumpers so much easier to deal with online haha!

Thank you man :) Yeah counter-picking is now a viable option for Ermac!
Spectral has always been good tbf (since the last patch anyways) but its the consistency of F4xxDDU & B3xxDDD that played the biggest part in dropped/mis-timed combos/attempting one to many jump ins. Changing the input makes this character so much more fun and deadly at the same time, it truly is glorious!

He is REALLY good man but thank you :D
Yeah. im still a firm believer that if he had a "magnetic Slash" aka diagonal down fireball this character would be a solid contender to top 7 atleast, his current Beta Status makes people finally have to learn how to fight against him... I saw the full Beta Set between HoneyBee and REO, and to see Bee have to acknowledge that the character is not free anymore and have to respect and learn how to fight him from a new prespective is a real nice feeling... I honestly cant tell if anything will change because there are some very real weaknesses on this character, but finally there are also some very real strenghts and i guess thats what we always wanted out of him... Cant honestly wait for all this to hit live so the Ermac Army can finally mobilize and put some scores in the board...

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I had the chance to try out beta this past week and felt like making a list of the changes and my thoughts on them (also, for some reason I can't find any record of the Ermac beta changes here?).

Global:
b1: faster start-up to 7 or 8 frames (down from 11), changed to a high (from mid)

- This allows for easier linking in combo's, linking after standing-Teleport for Mystic and MoS and punishing what s2 can't.
- However, Ermac losing his fastest "mid" isn't great, his other mids are 13 frames (f3 and f2) both lacking advance and reach, this also hurts his counter poke game.
Personally, I prefer being able to punish more situations but it's hard calling this a buff.
b2: longer charge duration increases on block advantage
- haven't really had a chance to test this out in other variations besides Spectral, it's just very impractical but I could see it being useful if it somehow had armor-breaking properties (which isn't asking alot for a 32 start-up move, imo)
f43: safer, around -4 (down from -11) on block
- for 12%, I think this is a fair change, he can safely use his furthest reaching normal (f4) as a footsie tool, although f4 completely whiffs on low profiles (such as Tanyas teleport delay), it's his best option if the opponent is between mid and close range
f34: around +10 on block (up from -6)
- this is obviously not going to stay, would be nice if it was neutral or slightly minus
Hover input DU+block (from DDU)
- yay

MoS:
The only change I found with MoS is that he can reloop vortex with B3/F4-Teleport-B12-F21d2-b12-Soul Ball-b12, giving him a strong comeback factor whenever the opponent is in a Soul Ball

Mystic:
Tele Choke safer to -14 (down from -24) on block

- this is warranted, variation is useless otherwise
EX Tele Choke safer to -1 (down from -24) on block
- gives him a good reason to be respected, opponents can't just crossup Ermacs armor options. Potentially one of the best specials in the beta version. IMO it could lose the armor and still be a very good tool for him

Spectral:
Next to the input change Ermac can also go into Hover from what height he is during a jump, this allows him to dodge projectiles and punish from that situation.

Noob
@Geoffmeister B2 is special and dash cancellable, so you can bait stuff with it, somewhat i guess, still dont think its a great tool honestly, but with a bit of creativity maybe we can find something where this is worth using, i guess baiting ppl into trying to press a button on it and use TKP or spectral charge.. dunno something in those lines, and if they dont press anything you just go for the + frames

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
B1 being changed to a high really doesn't sit well with me, but I'll have to make it work.
but, wasnt b1 always a high just labelled wrong in the move list? it always whiffed anyway at least now we have no illusions

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
but, wasnt b1 always a high just labelled wrong in the move list? it always whiffed anyway at least now we have no illusions
It acted more as a non-true mid, some characters would get hit during neutral crouch/crouchblock and at times it would completely whiff on the same character, other characters like Cassie it whiffed always. Now I'm not even sure if it hits crouchblocking opponents (similar to his S1).

@Geoffmeister B2 is special and dash cancellable, so you can bait stuff with it, somewhat i guess, still dont think its a great tool honestly, but with a bit of creativity maybe we can find something where this is worth using, i guess baiting ppl into trying to press a button on it and use TKP or spectral charge.. dunno something in those lines, and if they dont press anything you just go for the + frames
There's setups to pretty much guarantee the b2, one I have that's sortof viable against Tempest Lao (because his Armored option doesn't reach, but b2 will) with MoS and one I use with Spectral often (nothing special, just corpse-walk after any BnB and do b2 into Hover). Having said that, the move is still not worth using, it just doesn't pose a threat to most of the roster, it lacks.. everything; speed, range, a second hit on block, doesn't catch jump-outs either, no meter gain for cancelling it so it seems more of a taunt than a baiting tool (not saying he needs a cancellable special).. I think it's just better to go for any other string, not missing out on meter. At least until we know the frame data on his "improved" b2.

Last edited:

AeWhole

Noob
Solid is nothing. Complain early and often until your character is broken-tier and then yell "he needs it!" as often as you can.

NEVER up-play.
Ya look what happened to Quan... Not enough "He needs it threads..." Now look where the underworld champ is. Like S or maybe A+ tier. :.(

Status
Not open for further replies.