What's new

enhanced dash help

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
let me start this off by saying I play as characters with fast normals (jax, Johnny Cage, sektor) so I have nothing to blame but myself for my problem dealing with it. whenever I knock down reptile in the corner I usually panic and decided just hold block for fear of the enhanced dash and try to block the poke that usually comes after it. I'm just wondering if this is my best option? Should I try and poke out mid way through? Uppercut? Jump out? Any cues to look for to help time it? I have no idea what works.
It depends on your character you are playing against him really. For Jax his best option, especially in the corner, is to ex dash punch the second hit of the ex dash, and put Reptile back in the corner. You could also just d3 the second hit as well, but with Jax Ex Dash Punch is better.

Also all chars can d3 out and cage definitely ex nut punch in between the ex Dash. He might be able to do f33 nut punch and sector might be able to do 12b1. Not entirely sure though. Also keep in mind dash is not wake up attack.

let me just say that this is a beautiful and genius solution and I feel like an idiot for having never thought of it. It gives Jax everything you could want out of that situation and I just want to thank you for the advice.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Armor is helpful, as is any 8 frame normal. With Jax you could use F+4,1,3 to interrupt the dash and get good damage without using meter.

Armor is helpful, as is any 8 frame normal. With Jax you could use F+4,1,3 to interrupt the dash and get good damage without using meter.
This may very well sound stupid but I'm willing to in order to get to the bottom of this. Ill use jaxs f+4, 1, 3 as an example. Should I be doing this between the 2 hits of enhanced dash or as a means to interrupt reptiles return trip of the dash?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
This may very well sound stupid but I'm willing to in order to get to the bottom of this. Ill use jaxs f+4, 1, 3 as an example. Should I be doing this between the 2 hits of enhanced dash or as a means to interrupt reptiles return trip of the dash?
You have to interrupt him AFTER he goes through you the first time, which means hitting him as he returns.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You have at least a 9f gap after you block the first part of the Ex dash.
I know for a fact Cage can 21F2 it.