What's new

VIdeo/Tutorial - Piercing Ending Combos in 124 Low Sai !

Not a lot of people use this string at all, but I found a use for this that might come in handy against characters you can keep away.
It's a nice move that sends the opponent flying full screen, with a low sai to check them.
Refer to my video for a full explanation, and please let me know what you think and if it works for you! :)

Not a lot of people use this string at all, but I found a use for this that might come in handy against characters you can keep away.
It's a nice move that sends the opponent flying full screen, with a low sai to check them.
Huh...I was just asking myself yesterday why she even had a 124 string if her 123 was so much better, lol. I always used uppercut into either low sai check or run in with a mixup (when I have EX Roll stocked). Uppercut sort of does the same thing, but you mentioned this was better for meter building.

Huh...I was just asking myself yesterday why she even had a 124 string if her 123 was so much better, lol. I always used uppercut into either low sai check or run in with a mixup (when I have EX Roll stocked). Uppercut sort of does the same thing, but you mentioned this was better for meter building.
Yup, really enhances her zoning and meter building potential !

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
What about B12 throw ender? it restands opponent and mileena jumps back a large distance. I don't know if it has enough hit advantage for mileena to throw a free sai though.
And because one guy already posted a thread about new mileena bnb using B34 air sai. I don't think it's possible to connect 123 if she [roll B34 air sai]

Last edited:

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Since 124~roll combos, I usually buffer that and then option select it on block (or let it rip since roll comes out hella delayed and can blow up poke attempts).

What's about B12 throw ender? it restands opponent and mileena jumps back a large distance. I don't know if it has enough hit advantage for mileena to throw a free sai though.
And because one guy already posted a thread about new mileena bnb using B34 air sai. I don't think it's possible to connect 123 if she [roll B34 air sai]
I don't use b34 air sai at all in my game, it's just my preference as I prefer NJP b21 2+4 or now NJP 124 low sai depending on the situation

I think if you were to throw, you would get less damage (not too sure) and a low sai that wouldn't check them like it does here.

And @BillStickers ya it's cool i like the string lol

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Very nice video man, whenever I want to play keep away I usually go for combos ending in B12_DD2 as I can get quite a bit of space. But this seems just as good as an option if I want more space. Thanks for sharing :)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Guys i didn't mean to say about ending combo with throw, i mean the string B12 1+3 or 2+4 or something like that (I always press B12 and throw button for easier input). Sorry for confusing u

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
am i missing something here?
d2 ender does the same thing with more damage.
meter build is the same (124~sai or sai check after d2)
and you lose the opportunities to change timings, which also opens up running in more after you see your opponent is trying a delayed get up to avoid the sai

am i missing something here?
d2 ender does the same thing with more damage.
meter build is the same (124~sai or sai check after d2)
and you lose the opportunities to change timings, which also opens up running in more after you see your opponent is trying a delayed get up to avoid the sai
Well, if you're intention is to run in after a delayed wakeup, that pretty much defeats the purpose of why I think 124 is useful.
The plan is to keep away. If you want to run in, then use your uppercut or other strings.

124 low sai can be timed at different peaks, or if you wanna go in, you can do 124roll and it puts you right in their face, which is what I'm messing with right now as well to create options in staying in.
I simply wanted to find a use for the string.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Well, if you're intention is to run in after a delayed wakeup, that pretty much defeats the purpose of why I think 124 is useful.
The plan is to keep away. If you want to run in, then use your uppercut or other strings.

124 low sai can be timed at different peaks, or if you wanna go in, you can do 124roll and it puts you right in their face, which is what I'm messing with right now as well to create options in staying in.
I simply wanted to find a use for the string.
i said the opportunity to run in on top of the keepaway option, not the intention.
but my point is for the uses your saying it has d2 ticks all those boxes and gives more damage+options

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Godlike @Mr. Mileena ...Im gonna try this setup for matchups where I wanna zone more..Plus I usually end combos with b21 2+4 or b21 telekick for reset potential..