What's new

Emergency Kombat Kast TODAY 3PM Central Time!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I missed the stream -did they mention a way to get skins without the Krypt ..i hate having to get use it to get skins that i want
I put it in the OP too, but here it is,

What was discussed:

• They acknowledged towers were too hard, getting rewards was slow
  • Didn't make this game to force people to make in-game purchases
  • Reduced AI health so boss fight dropped from 4000 to 1500
  • Dropped frequency of MOST of the modifiers (5 sec to 10 sec)
  • Tweaks fixed this, but not patches, tweaks were already put out. Patches will fix a lot of things like rewards and make some modifiers blockable and it's coming by the end of this week (date TBD).
  • Boss battles, tag team battles will still be difficult because it should be (that's fine)
  • You can't buy consumables, hearts or souls and we won't ever be able to, only cosmetics.
  • The Krypt: contents of chests are the same for everyone, but the location is unique to each player. Heart and soul chests are in the same locations. Lots of mysteries to find in there outside of that.
  • They are giving us 500 000 Koins, 500 hearts, 1000 souls, 1000 time crystals (which will buy us 2 skins)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
So the krypt was never a lootbox filled area. Just everybody has their chests in unique locations. That's fair IMO. People need to chill.
Per-se, no. But i guess people took it as such. But what really started people going crazy with the Tower Of Time to begin with. If that wasnt stupid ridiculous, they wouldn't have been concerned about the Krypt.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
For those who missed it, I added the notes in the OP. Here they are just in case:

What was discussed:

• They acknowledged towers were too hard, getting rewards was slow
  • Didn't make this game to force people to make in-game purchases
  • Reduced AI health so boss fight dropped from 4000 to 1500
  • Dropped frequency of MOST of the modifiers (5 sec to 10 sec) and they're now blockable
  • Tweaks fixed this, but not patches, tweaks were already put out. Patches will fix a lot of things like rewards, and it's coming by the end of this week (date TBD).
  • Boss battles, tag team battles will still be difficult because it should be (that's fine)
  • You can't buy consumables, hearts or souls and we won't ever be able to, only cosmetics.
  • The Krypt: contents of chests are the same for everyone, but the location is unique to each player. Heart and soul chests are in the same locations. Lots of mysteries to find in there outside of that.
  • They are giving us 500 000 Koins, 500 hearts, 1000 souls, 1000 time crystals (which will buy us 2 skins)
thank you...

So the krypt was never a lootbox filled area. Just everybody has their chests in unique locations. That's fair IMO. People need to chill.
that doesn't help though. the amount of time you spent doing towers of time before going into krypt was not worth it due to the general cost of krypt. krypt costs hella money and the towers of time grind is not seen as worth. that's why they're implementing fixes because people are upset

gitblame

Noob
I get it, but people were telling me that Krypt is basically lootboxes with rng and I understood reward you getting with each chest is completely randomized. I am glad that is not the case.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Is there a thread for the heart chest that aren't random?
On mk subreddit, they are putting downt he location of the heart chests and whats inside them. They are the only thing non rng, and each one is guaranteed for a character.

I can see them rolling out additional changes to the Krypt over this next month. I'm reckoning it's big money lost for them with the rabid fan reaction at this point.

You know what would really go down well as a gift to apologise? Shang Tsung as a free character, and swap out one of the other intended KP characters for the pack. Would be very fitting for the Krypt issues.

Either that, or free unlock for a skin or something of our choice.

That would regain the community's trust imo.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I can see them rolling out additional changes to the Krypt over this next month. I'm reckoning it's big money lost for them with the rabid fan reaction at this point.

You know what would really go down well as a gift to apologise? Shang Tsung as a free character, and swap out one of the other intended KP characters for the pack. Would be very fitting for the Krypt issues.

Either that, or free unlock for a skin or something of our choice.

That would regain the community's trust imo.
They have done nothing to encourage the use of your credit card to unlock chests, because that's literally impossible. The only currency I'm aware of that you can buy are time crystals, which are specific to one rotational vendor that doesn't even have a big inventory. This in no way substantiates them giving you a DLC character that they stated from the beginning you would have to pay for if you didn't get Premium. They are not trying to bamboozle you out of more of your money, the grind is just annoying and needs to be adjusted which they're working on.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Seems like the smart play is to hold off on krypt stuff until next patch for sure, and maybe a few weeks more. Sucks for people who primarily got it for single player content, but if you plan to be playing the game for months/years, waiting a bit will probably mean less frustration/wasted koins in the longrun.

Searsy82

Noob
At this point I actually wish I could pay $15 to just unlock fatalities and brutalities. The time it is going to take to unlock them is more valuable to me. I can live without the skins and custom items.

At this point I actually wish I could pay $15 to just unlock fatalities and brutalities. The time it is going to take to unlock them is more valuable to me. I can live without the skins and custom items.
This is whats so shocking to me. This whole system feels like they're afraid of there one day being lootbox legislation, so they're trying to end around it by "not having loot boxes" but still forcing you to keep throwing money at the screen to get what you want.

It's crazy because as an adult with an income I don't mind a convenience tax on cosmetics if it's reasonable. The time saved is super valuable to me, but fuck you if you're not going to let me buy what I want. I don't gamble and I've always hated packs in CCGs. I can't even bling out the two or three characters I plan on trying to main without putting down stupid amounts of time or money.

What's even more baffling is how lame this is going to make tournaments look. I highly doubt every major is going to be able to unlock everything, so say good by to brutalities/fatalities at tournaments unless they're the default. Good job, way to kick your marketing in the teeth.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
This is whats so shocking to me. This whole system feels like they're afraid of there one day being lootbox legislation, so they're trying to end around it by "not having loot boxes" but still forcing you to keep throwing money at the screen to get what you want.

It's crazy because as an adult with an income I don't mind a convenience tax on cosmetics if it's reasonable. The time saved is super valuable to me, but fuck you if you're not going to let me buy what I want. I don't gamble and I've always hated packs in CCGs. I can't even bling out the two or three characters I plan on trying to main without putting down stupid amounts of time or money.

What's even more baffling is how lame this is going to make tournaments look. I highly doubt every major is going to be able to unlock everything, so say good by to brutalities/fatalities at tournaments unless they're the default. Good job, way to kick your marketing in the teeth.
This is some serious ass mental gymnastics. They just didnt test the modes before they went live. Reward system included. This is oversight and a little negligent but y'all are really trying to spin the THEY WANT OUR MUNNIES angle when it isnt there.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
What's this actually translate to? 2 skins or something?
The skins in the store are 500 time crystals so that’s 2 skins alone. The heart boxes in the krypt are 250 from what I have seen. Most of the soul boxes in the krypt are 100 from what I have seen but to fix the pit bridge is 2000 so I dunno. Plus coins you can buy krypt stuff that includes skins.