What's new

Elgato Help!!!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
At this point, I'm desperate. My elgato has simply stopped working. So yes, I've had it working before but now it will just display a black screen (though it will still detect the correct signal, as displayed in the Device area, and it passes through to my TV just fine). So here is a list of things I've tried:
  • Yes, HDCP is disabled.
  • I've tried setting both the software and PS4 to 1080p and 720p.
  • I've used multiple TV Compatibility channels.
  • I've unplugged the Elgato from all sources for 24 hours; no help.
  • I've done several hard-resets on the PS4.
  • I've obliterated the software through a combination of Revo Unnstaller, CCleaner, and Advanced System Care, restarted my computer, and reinstalled from scratch. Same problem pops up each time.
  • I've tried multiple USB ports.
The program is windowed. If I try to maximize it, this happens:

If anyone can help me fix this, you will be my one and only true love for the rest of time. We'll be very happy together. Thanks!

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Does the software do this when you have it unplugged from the PS4 or hooked up to another console/device?
Have you googled for some Elgato forums with people who have similar or the same issues?
Does it work on another computer?

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Does the software do this when you have it unplugged from the PS4 or hooked up to another console/device?
Have you googled for some Elgato forums with people who have similar or the same issues?
Does it work on another computer?
Ok, just tried it on my Surface Pro 3 and it works flawlessly...

Try Revo uninstaller that is the only pure get it out the box remover. Ccleaner can cause more registry errors than it Pops. Full uninstall the program/drivers and if possible roll back your PC a week provided you have a date to choose from then get back to me.

The full clean. Not the standard one. But if you did that too then try a roll back. otherwise is there anyway you have to screenshare. Its harder to help with just pics.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Try Revo uninstaller that is the only pure get it out the box remover. Ccleaner can cause more registry errors than it Pops. Full uninstall the program/drivers and if possible roll back your PC a week provided you have a date to choose from then get back to me.
I did Revo, and never had a problem with CCleaner. Unfortunately I don't have a rollback date to choose from.

I had a similar problem with Xsplit. my fix for that was uninstall the program / remove drivers even for the hardware / go into device manager and remove it / restart the pc / reinstall but dont launch. Go to device manager update everything. / then launch

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I Revo'd the software again, restarted my computer, and this time I installed the 2nd-to-newest drivers. It actually got to display the playstation logo before freezing... So at least I know it's not displaying a black screen for no reason, it's actually just freezing before it gets a chance to display the PS4 input.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Ok, looks like I've got it working, at least for now. I swapped around a lot of my USB devices, and it looks like I finally found a port that works. No idea what changed, but it's working, so I guess all is well.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
So everything seems to be working fine, but now my audio keeps desynching. It will work flawlessly for a while, and then the video will randomly "hiccup" and all of my sound will be out of sync from that moment on. I've got an Intel Quad-Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz and 16g ram, so my computer should be able to run everything fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.