What's new

ECT 4...I have a serious challenge to make.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
And I may just be subjecting myself to a prolonged death, but at this point, fuck it. Has to be done.

@CD jr ... you, sir, are a 4-time MK Champion, a cerebral shogun, and an all-around awesome fellow whose kung fu standards I've aspired to reach.

Which is exactly why, when you issued this Cyrax challenge, I knew I had to respond.

See...I know I'm nothing remotely close to the top of the tier.
I'm not yet the fighter people seek out for the most extreme of battles.
I have yet to cause the damage necessary to make a name for myself...and that's the point.
I need a ceiling to which I can build my Boxy tower and obliterate.
A driving cause to motivate me to stop fucking around and put my name on the board.
I don't just want to be a champion anymore...I NEED to be. I crave it. Like a goddamn vampire hunting for blood. Kratos for Zeus. Wolves for prey.
They say every creation must one day overtake his creator...well, while I know for good and all that real life will keep me from ever being able to spread the force of Box as you and the lot spread the wrath of VSM, it makes it all that much more motivating...because up until this point, I've been relying on the wrong kinds of pillars...hope, and chance, and all that fortunate finger-crossing happy horseshit that keeping John Doe Kombat standing, until a true warrior stands against him and puts him in his place. And while the pair of showings I've managed to make haven't exactly gone as planned due to all number of ridiculous reasons, I know that even if they had, I still wouldn't have been ready to wield a blade against the top-tier armada.

This time...I'm sharpening my sword until it's edge can cut the devil himself.
And I swear on all worth swearing on, I WILL be ready and waiting come June time.
So, in light of having no use for a 2'nd penis, I issue my own challenge.

My Robo-Cyrax. Your Smoke. The Midnight Pit.
No resets whatsoever from my robot.
I could give a shit about money, but I know at this particular moment, I'm not exactly the most threatening individual for you to be concerned with, so for the sake of making it interesting and giving you proper motivation, we'll say...$50 bucks if you are victorious. I'm a broke-ass ninja, but like an AC hooker with standards, I'll put out for the right price.

However...if I win, there's something I want in return. More important than money.
Something not just from you, but from New York. From my hometown, the players who fill it and make this game great. From the seemingly-impossible fingertips of victory resting between the jaws of defeat.
If by the grace of god, the skin of my teeth, and the hairs on my chinny-chin-chin, I can defeat you...If the great-guy-meh-fighter stigma I've been stuck with can be broken, and I do find a way to come out on top...
I want to earn my colors, and be bestowed the title of VSM.

Seeing as I know that were it not for the real life/distance between myself and the Stream, I'd be there every thursday with cookies and Corona for everyone, you fellows have been my team to root for since I discovered the scene.
The reason I strive to get better, to become great, to become a champion.
Up until now, in spite of my passion and pursuits, I've never had a particular or specific drive to motivate what I do...it was always kind of just "Show up, kick ass, hope for best, prepare for worst..." and as has been proven, it's gotten me nowhere.

No more.
Cyrax got me into this. And that yellow motherfucker is gonna get me out.
And PROVE, for good and all, that Boxy-O isn't just here to spread good will and cheer.
It's time to stop cracking smiles and start cracking skulls.
And this...this would be just the ticket to get me there.
Ask Maxter ... if nothing else, he knows how much the climb has meant to me, he knows how bad I want it, he's seen the fire in these Boxy eyes...anyone who knows of me knows how bad I want to earn my place in MK, and it's BURNING, Manny, like a fucking EN Hellfire, I watch and I study and I scheme, I learn and I burn and I learn some more, and there's always SOMETHING in the way between me and the body count I deserve...well, there's a little under 100 days until Morristown bears witness to the next perfect storm in the northeast, and by the time said day is upon us, that SOMETHING, whatever it may be, is gonna be dead, buried, and fucking konsumed.

No more fear. No more hesitation. No more waiting.
As Kakurot and Scoot McGee have both told me in the past, and it's only now I see how right they were...you can't afford to fear any man. Because beneath the surface, beneath whatever victories or accomplishments we may carry on our shoulders...no one's invincible.

So here's to hoping the Elder Gods of the Valley approve.
Because while I may never be able to wander the entirety of the path the strongest the Monsters have taken...I know, I FUCKING KNOW, I have the ruthless, calculating mind, the beating, bloodthirsty heart, and the infuriated passion necessary to earn the right to walk it.

Be the Cell to my Gohan, CD Jr.

Give me a reason to ascend.

Dark_Rob

Warrior
Well said Boxy. Are you sure you want to do this though? I have been on the receiving end of a CD jr beatdown and I can tell you from experience its by no means fun. If you aren't ready for him he can make you look like you don't even know how to play. However, if by some miracle you do pull this off, I will personally induct you into VSM. Assuming CD jr accepts of course.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Well said Boxy. Are you sure you want to do this though? I have been on the receiving end of a CD jr beatdown and I can tell you from experience its by no means fun. If you aren't ready for him he can make you look like you don't even know how to play. However, if by some miracle you do pull this off, I will personally induct you into VSM. Assuming CD jr accepts of course.
Absolutely.
I know the likelihood of victory isn't all that grand, but it's not just about victory...possible victory...biggest maybe ever...
It's about proving my worth to the community, to you guys, to my MK peoples and pals, and most of all, to myself.
Long story short, I want to prove to me that I have what it takes to strive at something and fight and claw my way to victory.
In a way, to atone to myself for all the faults of my past by kombat-ing my way to the future.
And if I'm gonna go this route and try and Johnny Cage Goro of the cliff...it's gotta be this way.

Besides, what better way to level up/prepare for ECT by issuing the challenge for/training and studying to a borderline-obsessive degree for the most lopsided match I could possibly end up in?

Dark_Rob

Warrior
Well, I respect the sack it takes to make a challenge like this and its exactly the type of person Id like for VSM. So I will do my best to get Manny to accept your challenge. I will be running MK9 at ECT4 due to Phil not being able to make it, so I will personally oversee this if it goes down.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Box, you ever gonna COME to VSM? We're not that far from you...
Before ECT, for sure. Me, lady & Baby Box just moved back to Maple Shade due to a whoooooole bunch of messed up causes, so once we're re-situated and get our car (Yes, I'm gonna call it the Boxmobile), everything'll get a whole lot easier. Not to mention Poppa Box lives in the Bronx by Pelham Bay Park, so it'd be as simple as going to visit and hopping on a train. No way I can challenge for the colors without finally making the pilgrimage :D.

Well, I respect the sack it takes to make a challenge like this and its exactly the type of person Id like for VSM. So I will do my best to get Manny to accept your challenge. I will be running MK9 at ECT4 due to Phil not being able to make it, so I will personally oversee this if it goes down.
Sounds like a plan, my good man...cannot wait.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Not to mention Poppa Box lives in the Bronx by Pelham Bay Park, so it'd be as simple as going to visit and hopping on a train. No way I can challenge for the colors without finally making the pilgrimage :D.
dude i live in co-op city right next to pelham bay park. If your ever in the area hit me up.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
dude i live in co-op city right next to pelham bay park. If your ever in the area hit me up.
You're fucking kidding me. Oh. Oh oh oh :D.
I'm so hitting up my day today and putting a trip together for next month

Still VERY upset about this... not at you running it, you're MORE than capable... I'm upset that I can't make it.
:(. I also am quite saddened by this news.

Dark_Rob

Warrior
Still VERY upset about this... not at you running it, you're MORE than capable... I'm upset that I can't make it.
Don't worry brother, il hold it down for you. I just hope we can make it not as chaotic as last year. Summer Jam ran really smooth so Im just gonna try and do what I did there.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Give this man his challenge!
Holy shit, that signature :D.

If you guys have anything planned for the end of April, anything particularly special, gimmicky, or glorious, I will be there. March is pretty much MK-free get life restraightened month, followed by the family trip to OBX...then Brother Box (who, as though I was intended to be more prepared than usual, plays Smoke :D ) is picking up Komplete Edition for 360, after which I'm taking my now awesome connection, diving right back in on both ends of MK Online (yes, it's Online, but it's certainly better than nothing, amirite?), and going HAM like fucking Christmas dinner until June. So by mid/end of next month, all the ducks will be in the row, and VSM will be within my sights. As will some drunken shenanigans with J360.

In the meantime, Im filling my happy little composition book with every bit of frame data and detail discovered for this game until my hands cant stand the feel of a pen anymore and studying like Calculus class until then.

("The monsters...they've made a monster of their own...")