What's new

Question - Swarm Queen D'vorah VS Sonya (SF) or Zoning in general.

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
First off, sorry if this isn't the place to ask about match up knowledge... I have a problem though (aside from not being able to block 50/50s and this is one match so keep that in mind. My biggest concern though is Sonya's Special Forces stupid drone. Sonya=D11>2+Block is a pain in the a$$$$$$.

Here in the match up you'll see she just double clicks the stupid button on her arm in the animation and then she just can do whatever you want because you just get hit by it. So I need some help or some insight on what to do against this character or characters that can zone the crap out of D'vorah. I tried to do some swarm bugs but I feel like its too slow to really compete or do anything against a decent zoner.

Keep in mind that this is online and that I'm not really looking for a critique on my gameplay (I'll take one of course.) Just looking for one on this character that makes me saltyyyyy :)

I could've woken up with meter maybe to blow up the 50/50 and I also know that I did 112 without hit confirming into DF1-MB. Not used to some of the execution for MKX yet. D:

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Nice, you have a good D'vorah. Basically with Sonya she's gonna get nerfed imao. The follower missles added to her incredible mixups wreck a lot of characters. Basically try down 3 when she fires a laser beam and then sprinting up on Sonya. Sprint is an excellent tool that nullifies several zoners. Try and sprint until you're in f224/ D3 range and then play a little footsies, working your way in.

Otherwise, you can try a Yolo mbWasp Grenade to catch her. It is insanely plus on block which allows you to sprint in for pressure, and if you trade the hit stun is long enough that you'll for sure get a combo off of it. Also, her Swarm is so plus on block that you can again run and pressure off of it. Just utilizing more of the run tactics to get past zoning and you're golden.

Once you're in, stick with the f112, WGC, 212 Frame trap. D'vorah has a lot of mixups of her own after the F112 WGC.

Otherwise you look good, it's just a rough matchup cause Sonya is a pain and her drone is broken.

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
I'll give that a shot and tell you how it works out.. thank you for the detailed response!

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
[QUOTE="KillaGthug4Life, post: 1683817, member: 28728] WGC, 212 Frame trap. D'vorah has a lot of mixups of her own after the F112 WGC.

Otherwise you look good, it's just a rough matchup cause Sonya is a pain and her drone is broken.[/QUOTE]

What is. Wgc and what is 212 frame trap?

[QUOTE="KillaGthug4Life, post: 1683817, member: 28728] WGC, 212 Frame trap. D'vorah has a lot of mixups of her own after the F112 WGC.

Otherwise you look good, it's just a rough matchup cause Sonya is a pain and her drone is broken.
What is. Wgc and what is 212 frame trap?[/QUOTE]
WGC is wasp grenade into a run cancel. The frame trap is F1, 1, 2, WGC, 2, 1 into whatever you pick.