What's new

D'vorah needs a fix. She is pretty much unplayable now.

Lun

proud TERF!
I am giving up on my main because, as it is, she is useless.

1. Worst frames ever.
  2. Most inconvenient kombos ever.
  3. No real options for anti-zoning.
  4. No good zoning or pressure or teleport (see also: worst frames ever).
I waited weeks before making this statement, because it's easy to claim a character is too weak when you actually haven't learnt how to play them yet. But the more I learnt her, the more I realized how excessively weak she is. Now I cans say with a good confidence that D'vorah is too weak to be viable in any situation. There is no point in putting yourself at a disadvantage versus other players by maining her.

Agilaz

It has begun
All these threads are variations of the same sentiment:

I can't play my main like in MKX, let me play them like in MKX.

I have seen Reo play d'vorah and I have hard time agreeing with your point. Her frames make sense for her range, similarly to shao kahn.

No zoning or counter zoning is just wrong zzzzz

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Best concept I have for pressuring with D'vorah is to stagger db4 and db4 amplified, since if you don't commit to punishing the regular version, you'll likely miss it. Then disrespect the hell out of them after db4 amplified on block. Most characters have to counter poke with an actual poke or they lose their turn. Once they start consistently counter poking, flawless block u+2 them. I'm still working on getting that last part consistent.

Also...why is Widow's Kiss SO slow? It's ridiculous that it has 34 frames of start up. I spent 2 slots on this ability, can it at least be as good as Scorpion's base teleport?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lun
I can't imagine they won't make changes to her when the next balance patch come around. She's dead worst in the game right now.

The only wins I get with her are from people having no idea what she does because no one picks her.

Lun

proud TERF!
All these threads are variations of the same sentiment:

I can't play my main like in MKX, let me play them like in MKX.

I have seen Reo play d'vorah and I have hard time agreeing with your point. Her frames make sense for her range, similarly to shao kahn.

No zoning or counter zoning is just wrong zzzzz

You don't even play her. You just saw someone play her.

Lun

proud TERF!
Best concept I have for pressuring with D'vorah is to stagger db4 and db4 amplified, since if you don't commit to punishing the regular version, you'll likely miss it. Then disrespect the hell out of them after db4 amplified on block. Most characters have to counter poke with an actual poke or they lose their turn. Once they start consistently counter poking, flawless block u+2 them. I'm still working on getting that last part consistent.

Also...why is Widow's Kiss SO slow? It's ridiculous that it has 34 frames of start up. I spent 2 slots on this ability, can it at least be as good as Scorpion's base teleport?
Basing your gameplay on an unreliable move like db4EX is one of the main reasons D'vorah sucks.

And yes, her teleport is so useless you can't help but wonder what where the developers thinking.

Second Saint

Basing your gameplay on an unreliable move like db4EX is one of the main reasons D'vorah sucks.

And yes, her teleport is so useless you can't help but wonder what where the developers thinking.
Nothing unreliable about hitconfirmable safety with a mind game that can keep you safe without even spending a bar. A lot of things wrong with D'vorah, but Katipo Rush isn't one of them.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
As much as I hate her I agree
She gets shit. It’s her, Johnny, Lao and probably the character I don’t want to name here

Lun

proud TERF!
Nothing unreliable about hitconfirmable safety with a mind game that can keep you safe without even spending a bar. A lot of things wrong with D'vorah, but Katipo Rush isn't one of them.
Actually. That move is difficult to pull off just right. Why do other characters get a good, simple basic special, and D'vorah gets a difficult one?

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I'm not one to call for nerfs or buffs in less than 2 months of a games release.
This is the exception. D'Vorah is really bad. I'm a Kotal main and people say he's bad. I disagree. If you truly believe Kotal and Shao are bad then D'Vorah is worse than bad.

There is such a large gap even between her and the Khans that it's undeniable that D'Vorah needs work.
I'm no expert. But you can see even as a scrub that D'Vorah's kit wants her to be a rushdown/trap mix. But every combo has so much push from her that she's back at practically full screen again. Even with her teleport (which is not in either ranked variation) she is still in bad place. Her d2 is useless they have to be practically tap dancing on your neck to connect with it. Her ONE strength is her sweep range.

Again this is coming from a guy who thinks Kotal is fine. A guy that doesn't like buffing or nerfing in a games first 60 days. D'Vorah is the first time I've seen a character with this much of a gap between her and EVERY other fighter.

They need to either give her better zoning by speeding up her larva shot and making her puddle track the opponent OR reduce the push on her strings.

No matter what they do THEY have to include her teleport in a ranked variation.

Last edited:

kantboy-2

Ripper
I don't understand why characters like her and Kano get additional strings as a 'special move' when they should be part of the base move set to begin with.

Hang in there. She has nowhere to go but up with new patches.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
The ability to 'stagger' Ovi Rush doesnt nake her a good character. There are glaring faults everywhere.

Her frames are awful. Her KBs are awful. Her damage is awful. Her pressure game is gimped as fuck.

I dont understand want they wanted to achieve with her. I want the execution back. She is simply not fun in this game.

I'm also tired of the "this is the way mk11 is deal with it" as if we're not allowed to dislike the current meta and how our favorite characters turned out.

I cannot WAIT for the inevitable "What went wrong" posts 9 months from now when the honeymoon period dries up and we start speculating on the next NRS game to come out and die.

Second Saint

I'm not one to call for nerfs or buffs in less than 2 months of a games release.
This is the exception. D'Vorah is really bad. I'm a Kotal main and people say he's bad. I disagree. If you truly believe Kotal and Shao are bad then D'Vorah is worse than bad.

There is such a large gap even between her and the Khans that it's undeniable that D'Vorah needs work.
I'm no expert. But you can see even as a scrub that D'Vorah's kit wants her to be a rushdown/trap mix. But every combo has so much push from her that she's back at practically full screen again. Even with her teleport (which is not in either ranked variation) she is still in bad place. Her d2 is useless they have to be practically tap dancing on your neck to connect with it. Her ONE strength is her sweep range.

Again this is coming from a guy who thinks Kotal is fine. A guy that doesn't like buffing or nerfing in a games first 60 days. D'Vorah is the first time I've seen a character with this much of a gap between her and EVERY other fighter.

They need to either give her better zoning by speeding up her larva shot and making her puddle track the opponent OR reduce the push on her strings.

No matter what they do THEY have to include her teleport in a ranked variation.
Good news, the teleport is in the second tournament variation.

Second Saint

The ability to 'stagger' Ovi Rush doesnt nake her a good character. There are glaring faults everywhere.

Her frames are awful. Her KBs are awful. Her damage is awful. Her pressure game is gimped as fuck.

I dont understand want they wanted to achieve with her. I want the execution back. She is simply not fun in this game.

I'm also tired of the "this is the way mk11 is deal with it" as if we're not allowed to dislike the current meta and how our favorite characters turned out.

I cannot WAIT for the inevitable "What went wrong" posts 9 months from now when the honeymoon period dries up and we start speculating on the next NRS game to come out and die.
To clarify, I never said she was good as a whole, I said db4 is a good special, which it is. They were pretty clearly going for shades of Venomous spray with that move, but safety is actually in your control.

She also has a good j1. This is pretty much the end of my list of D'vorah positives.

Everything else is a mess.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Ok....? So.... what do we think needs to be fixed about her? Not including any hitbox issues, because as far as im concerned those are mandatory.

Im thinking a damage buff on her ex puddle. F22 to be either safer and/or faster. And 2,1 to be positive on hit. I personally think they should remove the hurtbox on her jumping 1 if shes going to remain this slow.

I dont think they are going to revert her... i think they are going to buff her differently.

Second Saint

Yep. Arachnophobia is Widow's Kiss and Deadly Swarm.

Ok....? So.... what do we think needs to be fixed about her? Not including any hitbox issues, because as far as im concerned those are mandatory.

Im thinking a damage buff on her ex puddle. F22 to be either safer and/or faster. And 2,1 to be positive on hit. I personally think they should remove the hurtbox on her jumping 1 if shes going to remain this slow.

I dont think they are going to revert her... i think they are going to buff her differently.
I think she needs either 2 or 4 to become a mid. 12~puddle needs to link.

I think she's meter intensive as hell right now. Need it to launch, for safety, for setups, everything. I don't expect this to change, but if she had a meterless launcher, she'd be much better because you'd be able to do much more effective setups.

During her throw setups, the hit reaction needs to be consistent. It appears to be random which way you get knocked back and how the strep bugs react. This effects which way you have to convert off of it, one of which is a launch from ji3, the other barely does more than a regular throw, but I still likely spent 2 bars for the opportunity.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Yep. Arachnophobia is Widow's Kiss and Deadly Swarm.

I think she needs either 2 or 4 to become a mid. 12~puddle needs to link.

I think she's meter intensive as hell right now. Need it to launch, for safety, for setups, everything. I don't expect this to change, but if she had a meterless launcher, she'd be much better because you'd be able to do much more effective setups.

During her throw setups, the hit reaction needs to be consistent. It appears to be random which way you get knocked back and how the strep bugs react. This effects which way you have to convert off of it, one of which is a launch from ji3, the other barely does more than a regular throw, but I still likely spent 2 bars for the opportunity.
I love the idea of 12 puddle linking. Maybe they could make puddle and amplified puddle two seprate moves? That way both moves will have an amplfied version, thus giving her a meterless launcher, an option for more combo damage, and possibly a better set up move?

If anything i would make f1 a mid.