What's new

Tech - Swarm Queen D'Vorah B21 Swarm Anti EX Punchwalk Punish with 12% + Damage

Hello Guys and Girls,

Every good D'Vorah main/co-main struggles with Goro match-up, due to the fact that Goro's EX Punchwalk crushes all of D'Vorahs OKI but not this one. ; )

Watch the video and i will explain it a bit more and add different combos with punishes with +12% Damage added.

Now, it is universally common to punish Punchwalk via jumping back or jumping over it, however with D'Vorah, you can get +12% more, that is done by knocking Goro down with B21 Swarm (5%) then instant neutral jump punching (7%) where D'Vorah recovers in time to punish him and can be done by jump back 3. (7%)

Goro is forced to take 5% of Swarm Puddle if he wakes up after B21 knockdown and then D'Vorah can hit him with 7% instant neutral jump or 7% jump back 3 with a punish, in total D'Vorah gets 12%+ off of her bait and a punish.

Combos were demonstrated in the video of various thing that you can do with either punishes, with neutral jump you set Goro midscreen and jump back 3 you push him towards corner.

Total damage that Goro takes if he wakes up

Meterless
28% + 12% F11 WC 212 Swarm F34 B12 Airthrow
29% + 12% F11 WC 212 Swarm F34 F44 Ovipos
30% + 12% 212 Swarm F34 F44 Ovipos

1 Bar

Midscreen
41% + 12% F11 EX Bug Jump In 112 WC 212 Swarm F34 F44 Ovipos
42% + 12% F11 EX Bug Jump In 112 WC 212 Swarm NJ RC F44 Ovipos

Corner
42% + 12% F11 Ex Bug Jump In 112 WC 212 Swarm NJ B3 D1 D1 21U3 Air Throw
43% + 12% F11 Ex Bug Jump In 112 WC 212 Swarm NJ B3 F44 D1 B12 (Setup with Swarm)
44% + 12% F11 Ex Bug Jump In 112 WC 212 Swarm NJ B3 F44 D1 B12 Air Throw
45% + 12% F11 Ex Bug Jump In 112 WC 212 Swarm NJ B3 F44 D1 21U3 Air Throw

Remember guys, you can react to it with D'Vorah, if they wake up with EX Tele, you can backdash or run, or if he does not wake up, D'Vorah is at + frames.

@HoneyBee @TopTierHarley @BillStickers @Sindelia @any other D'Vorah

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Awesome :)

Question though, what if Goro wakes up with stomp instead?

Or can he backdash and punish the njp recovery?

Awesome :)

Question though, what if Goro wakes up with stomp instead?
I said it in the very last line, that you can react to it, it is all reactionary and for stomp you just run forward or backdash, peneds where the player wants to land. :)

as for backdashing and punishing, he cannot do it because of you should do these because of reaction, but lets say you make a wrong read right? his f3 will not reach, that is arguably his best normal... i wont get into that but you get the point, its all reaction based.

Last edited:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Works with Venomous?
It would actually do more damage with venomous most likely because the puddle hits harder and she can punish harder with meter, but you don't really have as much access to meaty puddle setups.

And goro players might be less likely to wakeup against Venom since you can already stuff punch walk with spray.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This is one of many reasons why waking up with PW is a no no. Especially at that range.

Also I do believe that there is a few WGCs that D'Vorah can jump back kick and get a full combo punish just like this.

I applaud you Vak for actually labbing and not bitching.

P.S. Goros sweep is the real issue here.

This is one of many reasons why waking up with PW is a no no. Especially at that range.

Also I do believe that there is a few WGCs that D'Vorah can jump back kick and get a full combo punish just like this.

I applaud you Vak for actually labbing and not bitching.

P.S. Goros sweep is the real issue here.
;)