What's new

Dual Shock 3 on PC

AK Walker

Han shot first
So I downloaded motionjoy, installed the drivers, blah, blah. Works fine except for one thing. I can't forward or back jump using the dpad. The left stick is fine. However for some odd reason the game or PC or whatever can't read two inputs at the same time. Has anyone else had this problem?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You know, I was wondering how well a PS3 controller could work on a laptop, so I'm glad you started this thread as it'll answer some of my questions as well.

AssassiN

Noob
I managed to get my PS3 pad to work almost perfectly.
I used MotioninJoy as well, then I noticed you cannot diagonally jump with D-pad(works with the left-stick).
Searched Google for a solution but there was none and found some troubling searches where Motionjoy kinda infects your computer with adds and such. So I removed that program, noticed that the drivers are still installed for the controller in device manager. Tried it out and noticed that everything is working except for the thumbsticks(which I don't care for in a fighting game). Tried it out in-game and diagonal jumping was working.

There is one "issue" remaining, the fact that menu uses default controls and certain buttons are switched. X and Circle are switched(your press Circle for OK and Cross to cancel, very confusing at first) + Square and Triangle are switched as well. Which could be solved with the MotioninJoy program by switching the button ID's. But I'd rather have diagonal jumping than switched inputs at the menu.

I'm still searching for a good solution where you don't have to install something first and then uninstall it + where the button mapping is correct.
For the people that want to accept this temporary solution, download here. Install it and follow a tutorial where you load the driver for your plugged in controller. See if it works in device manager and then delete the program.

ryublaze

Noob
I don't have MK9 for PC but I have Motioninjoy working almost perfectly for all my other emulators I have on my laptop. In other fighting games like MvC I can play that fine on my laptop. It might be the game's problem, idk. Just make sure you configured all the controls correctly.

The only problem I find with Motioninjoy is that sometimes it'll press buttons by itself which is annoying (rarely happens, hasn't happened to me in a while though). Not sure if it happens with MK9 PC.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
There is one "issue" remaining, the fact that menu uses default controls and certain buttons are switched. X and Circle are switched(your press Circle for OK and Cross to cancel, very confusing at first) + Square and Triangle are switched as well. Which could be solved with the MotioninJoy program by switching the button ID's. But I'd rather have diagonal jumping than switched inputs at the menu.
Lol, Japanese PlayStation style menu controls.

AK Walker

Han shot first
I managed to get my PS3 pad to work almost perfectly.
I used MotioninJoy as well, then I noticed you cannot diagonally jump with D-pad(works with the left-stick).
Searched Google for a solution but there was none and found some troubling searches where Motionjoy kinda infects your computer with adds and such. So I removed that program, noticed that the drivers are still installed for the controller in device manager. Tried it out and noticed that everything is working except for the thumbsticks(which I don't care for in a fighting game). Tried it out in-game and diagonal jumping was working.
This worked. Thanks so much for posting that.