What's new

Tech Dstroke experience at CEO

Hey DS mains I'm going to give you a little rundown of my experience using DS at CEO.

I ended up in Pool 13 with Pig of the Hut being the only main competition.

First matchup was against a Black Adam player. I didn't have a hard time with the guy. Basically at the start of the match when I used quick shots I telegraphed it like crazy just using a huge down forward motion so I would duck before the move went off. I used it to bait divekick JB3 into full combo punish. When I saw that arm go up for lighting strike I jumped back and used air gunshots right before I hit the ground and it punished his recovery. Easy 2-0.

Second matchup was against a Batman player. There wasn't anything really notable about the matchup he couldn't handle gun shots. Block his overhead low mixups. SF his jump ins. Used my F3 to overhead low frame traps nothing remarkable. Easy 2-0. (The batman did not try to trade chip with me which I think is the worst part of the matchup for DS since batarangs do more chip. If that situation popped up you could trade MG damage with batarang damage and come out ahead so I planned for it, but it did not come up.

Third matchup was against a Green Lantern / Batgirl counterpick. When I played the GL matchup it was pretty easy GL mixups are not intense. I would just gun chip chip chip, dash armor F3 when he got into mid range to combo or frame trap nothing remarkable. Bat Girl I lost against because I just don't know the matchup. It was just random cartwheel and teleport spam lol. It was close but I was totally lost.

I switched to WW because I know she rush downs well and hits crazy hard. I thought well I only needed to get in a few times and have guess BG guess wrong low once or twice. I was able to dictate the match with WW dash. Won it 2-1.

Fourth Match was Pig of the Hut's Sinestro. I tried to test his wakeup with unarmored f3 but ate arachnid a few times. I had execution issues blocking boulder... lol I was pretty salty with myself. My DS stayed even I was controlling tempo and cornering him until he activated trait and I was toast. I didnt know his trait recovery was so short I tried to punish with super.... derp lack of matchup knowledge. I think I would have played better with a little more matchup knowledge and less nerves.

Fifth Match was against a GL this is when I started getting ballsy with trait if I hit him out of the air with AGS or QS I just mashed trait. I did not get punished for it so I kept doing it. I just corned myself with the mess hall pig and traited to victory. 2-0 out of pools.

In top 32 I lost to a GL like I said in the earlier thread after I blocked GL b1, 3 I tried to follow up with armor F3 but SF came out and I ate some hard punishes. Execution issuse when you block low let stick goto neutral and then press f dont roll stick forward.... or else the special will come out derp. We played even till 3rd match and he picked metro rooftop. I was able to make a come back on unpunished trait activation after AGS and QS. 3 undodgeable ship throws and execution errors into SF and I was out.

I'd say I was never outmatched from a character perspective until sinestro got his trait or bat girl. Other then that I could control matchup tempo fairly well. If your opponent lets you activate trait without punish abuse the shit out of it... and if you want to test someones ability to use wakeup armor f3 instead of normal.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Wait, you made Top 32 with Deathstroke?

Huh. Guess he needs to be nerfed more. I'll let NRS know