What's new

Strategy DS vs. SUPES MU

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
How do my fellow slades handle superman? Mainly, how do you guys handle air laser spam? Shit is unbelievably annoying. Full screen sweeps every second and I cant manage to get in. Any pointers? Ive tried counter zoning with air shots etc, but no matter how I time it, I end up landing on it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Well what I try to do when I face Supes is when hes in the air, to make sure I dash after each blocked air laser. After about 2 or 3 dashes, as soon as you see him jump in the air, Use sword flip to knock him down and you can get started. If he tries to wakeup you can block and punish. Sometimes if they dont wake up I try for that Ninjaman vortex or Jump 3 since its +10 on block

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Also if you block an air laser I think you can quickshot ( i think thats what its called) when hes falling down from the air laser

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I completely agree. I hate playin against supes. Thanks for the tips guys, please keep em comin.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Well what I try to do when I face Supes is when hes in the air, to make sure I dash after each blocked air laser. After about 2 or 3 dashes, as soon as you see him jump in the air, Use sword flip to knock him down and you can get started. If he tries to wakeup you can block and punish. Sometimes if they dont wake up I try for that Ninjaman vortex or Jump 3 since its +10 on block

Jump 3 is -3 I believe.

drywall

Noob
Block the air laser and punish with machine gun. Works up to 1 character from fullscreen. If you are fighting scrub supermen they will then air dive. Punish that with 323 before supes feet touch the ground. gg

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Slade checking in to report the defeat of SorrowHart85 aka Clark Kent. Easy Money.
Big thanks to you all for the strats.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Jump 3 is -3 I believe.

Ji3 and Ji2 are positive on block if done near the ground.

With Ji2, you can land a 3 before the Flash can even reversal punish with flying uppercut.
With Ji3, you can land a 1 before the Flash can even reversal punish with flying uppercut.
Ji1 is extremely slightly negative I think.

EDIT: Scratch all of what I just said, retested, all 3 are positive on block if done close enough to the ground. Ji1, 323 jails and not even Flash can reversal out.

It seems like all online Supermen never do f23 breath at all and they will just keep air lasering no matter how many times you shoot them from the sky.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
I honestly feel like Supes shouldn't be able to zone in the MU at all. 30+ frame start-ups on his lazers, so I'm sure they can all be snuffed out with QF, where as heat Zap just gets ducked by Low Shots, and air shots will get snuffed out with iaQF. And although I'm sure all of that was already said, I think the trouble may come in with his f23.

Sadly I have zero legit experience with this MU (hoping to change that this Tuesday though), so, I've got nothin on how to handle that.

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
I honestly feel like Supes shouldn't be able to zone in the MU at all. 30+ frame start-ups on his lazers, so I'm sure they can all be snuffed out with QF, where as heat Zap just gets ducked by Low Shots, and air shots will get snuffed out with iaQF. And although I'm sure all of that was already said, I think the trouble may come in with his f23.

Sadly I have zero legit experience with this MU (hoping to change that this Tuesday though), so, I've got nothin on how to handle that.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

low shots and in air quick fire both nullify supes lasers IMO...then he comes in with f2,3...thats when the problems begin lol

Very true, DS counter-zones Superman extremely well to a point where Superman will abandon lasers and try to fight you up close.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
Very true, DS counter-zones Superman extremely well to a point where Superman will abandon lasers and try to fight you up close.

And that's where I think I'm going to have the most trouble in this MU. Not exactly sure of what options DS has against an extremely smart Superman who isn't just going to mash out f23 all day and knows to not even attempt to zone in the DS MU...

I've started enjoying this MU online. You can react to every laser and put bullets in him. SUJ3 or BJ3 stops a lot of f23 attempts. SM can't jump or air dash up close because sword flip can be done on reaction and the hit box is amazing. Most can try to back dash my jump ins, but do it more than once and I will just air gun before I hit the floor or while I am on the floor, although it is risky.

I am hesitant about pressuring them on wake up though, they have a nice amount of options.

Can't wait to see if this MU improves after patches.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
The main thing about this matchup is you need to remember that you have to work harder than he does. If you start throwing out Quick Fire or Low Shots on reads to hit ground laser sweep, air laser will punish. A good zoning Supes will mix in some Heat Blasts as well, which you can Low Shot under on read (but often not on reaction if you're online). Throwing out another low shot though after punishing one blast will usually cause you to eat an air laser even at full screen, because the recovery on low shots is so high that Supes has time to jump, startup, and sweep the eye beam all the way across the screen before you can block again.

The problem with a zoning war in this matchup is that Supes will gain meter much more quickly and his attacks do more damage, especially if he pops trait. If you're patient you can take him out with pure counter-zoning, but you pay a lot more for one mistake than he does. I actually prefer in this MU to get up in Superman's face as much as I can, close enough to start throwing D1s at him to preempt any f2s.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Superman's wakeups actually aren't that great. However, we DO win the zoning war. I'm pretty sure reversal Spin stops F23 breath.