What's new

Question Downwards Dagger in the corner

ryublaze

Noob
I realized this was already discovered by kr3wman here:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?7165-Skarlet-OTG.

but does this have any use in the corner? I was messing around in training doing U+3, downwards dagger repeatedly. It will hit twice, then doing it a 3rd time will reset the opponent back to standing position. Then I did forward jk+downwards dagger and repeat. (might be better to instant-air downwards dagger but it's hard to do) You can also dash back up and do U+3 since the patch fixed the dash into U+3 bug.

I managed to pin the expert AI down and it kept blocking. I think a simple uppercut will get the opponent out of this but I can't really test it.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I realized this was already discovered by kr3wman here:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?7165-Skarlet-OTG.

but does this have any use in the corner? I was messing around in training doing U+3, downwards dagger repeatedly. It will hit twice, then doing it a 3rd time will reset the opponent back to standing position. Then I did forward jk+downwards dagger and repeat. (might be better to instant-air downwards dagger but it's hard to do) You can also dash back up and do U+3 since the patch fixed the dash into U+3 bug.

I managed to pin the expert AI down and it kept blocking. I think a simple uppercut will get the opponent out of this but I can't really test it.
Yeah, the computer might have issues with it, but it can't lock a person down. Any intelligent player who understands the mechanics of what's going to happen when blocking a downward dagger can get out of it fairly easily. And also, those aren't unblockable combo's, and there are far more powerful combo's Skarlet can link into from those positions in those videos :)

That said, it is another one of Skarlet's tools she can use to mess up someone's game who isn't expecting it, and is part of my game. The downward dagger is very powerful in terms of getting under an opponent's skin and causing frustration.

ryublaze

Noob
Yeah, the computer might have issues with it, but it can't lock a person down. Any intelligent player who understands the mechanics of what's going to happen when blocking a downward dagger can get out of it fairly easily. And also, those aren't unblockable combo's, and there are far more powerful combo's Skarlet can link into from those positions in those videos :)

That said, it is another one of Skarlet's tools she can use to mess up someone's game who isn't expecting it, and is part of my game. The downward dagger is very powerful in terms of getting under an opponent's skin and causing frustration.
Thanks. I too noticed that the AI had problems because I was doing jk+down dagger repeatedly midscreen and the AI did nothing but block. I like the down dagger preventing resets thing though (even though 1,1,2 is better). I find it best to do it after landing an air jump kick.