What's new

Down 4 Vs homing Missile?

redeyes

Button Masher
So i just got finished a ranked match vs a pretty good Sektor. he shoots off a homing Missile and begins to rush me down. so out of panic i D4 him. the homing Missile just began to spin in circles above me as i D4'd him. (this caused me to win the match :D) can anyone test this more to see if it works 100% of the time? if so that can be a very helpful tool. i would test it but i have no one to test this with at the moment.

LuciusAxelrod

Robot Ninja
A lot of moves like Mileena's d4 can mess with the homing missile; it probably has something to do with the forward movement of the character's hit(or hurt) box. I personally have seen a homing missile just plain smack into the ground and disappear when a Mileena used d4.

This reminds me of Sektor's homing missile from MK3/UMK3 where if you got real low and/or avoided it for a certain time the missile would eventually just explode harmlessly. I honestly do hope this is the case since you already can't exactly run away from the missile.

Quite a few characters should be able to do something similar. Sonya and Baraka come to mind. But I guess it beats being forced to block the missile and basically leaving yourself open for a free throw/string mixup.