What's new

Double Rot after EX WC Knockdown

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I saw Tyrant do this and I instantly fell in love with this setup. It works very well to end the game when your opponent is close to death. Anyway I decided to go to the lab and see what was guaranteed after double rotting. Double rotting btw is doing an EX Grave Rot, followed by a regular Grave Rot.

So after double rotting these moves cannot be interrupted or backdashed, and if they jump in any way they will get caught on the ground.

• Dash up 1 (and therefore 1's strings), 2, and D1
  • Dash up Trait Grab (this is really dirty)
  • Dash up Throw
  • Walking Corpse
The Dirtiness of Dash up Trait

If this hits you will be guaranteed an INSANE amount of damage that cannot be clashed till the end of the grab. This incorporates Grundy's Damage Chain, where your opponent will not be able to clash until the last part of the grab (the piledriver part). So coupled with the double rot, you will have done 43% damage before they can actually clash with the grab alone. So a total of 62% if we add the EX WC. If you already have the damage buff the grab will do 47% (70% if you add the EX WC). So this is a very good way to kill the opponent if their health is below the given numbers.

How to Beat Wake-Ups and Guaranteed GR Ticks

So the only way out of this is to do an invincible wake-up attack. But these can be beat by dashing up and doing WC. Or canceling 1, 2, or D1 into WC. Doing these will not only beat most wake-ups and probably secure you the round. But will also guarantee in most situations a couple ticks, which would kill the opponent if they're in danger. I would suggest doing 2~WC cause that guarantees the most ticks.

Block Strings

If your opponent gets up and blocks. This can open up Grundy's block strings that will inflict A LOT of chip damage due to the double rot. You can do 112~WCC, or if you're going for the kill, 112~Cleaver. Both of these do a lot of chip. Thanks fr stack

Last edited:

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
It would probably still be better to end the combo with the health chain, to guarantee highest damage.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
So I'm not sure I'm getting this right: You MB Walking corpse, and then you MB grave rot and then grave rot again, then you dash up and use one f the above options and then you can only use an invincible wakeup to get out? Woah

KIllaByte

A player can meterburn the trait to armor through wakeups as well, and get a big damage guaranteed combo.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
It would probably still be better to end the combo with the health chain, to guarantee highest damage.
Yeah your right. I was just showcasing that you could do a shit ton of unclashable to close out the game. It's only good if they have 43% or less health. Since you don't want them to clash and get all that health back.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
So I'm not sure I'm getting this right: You MB Walking corpse, and then you MB grave rot and then grave rot again, then you dash up and use one f the above options and then you can only use an invincible wakeup to get out? Woah
Exactly right

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
A player can meterburn the trait to armor through wakeups as well, and get a big damage guaranteed combo.
The only problem with that is you would have to time it late enough that the grab doesn't whiff during the wake-ups invincibility frames. Which means they can jump out.

But other than that this is very good idea. You could even do 1~EX Trait Grab which would also work very well.

KIllaByte

The only problem with that is you would have to time it late enough that the grab doesn't whiff during the wake-ups invincibility frames. Which means they can jump out.

But other than that this is very good idea. You could even do 1~EX Trait Grab which would also work very well.
That's absolutely excellent; it'll keep Grundy from being punished from a lot of wakeups, even those with invincibility.

Also, I'm pretty sure the piledriver is clashable. Point the D-Pad towards Grundy while he piledrives.
It's a strange clash animation, it looks like the opponent slips through Grundy's slimy hands after the piledriver, but players still can clash it.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
That's absolutely excellent; it'll keep Grundy from being punished from a lot of wakeups, even those with invincibility.

Also, I'm pretty sure the piledriver is clashable. Point the D-Pad towards Grundy while he piledrives.
It's a strange clash animation, it looks like the opponent slips through Grundy's slimy hands after the piledriver, but players still can clash it.
Yeah it is clashable, but if the opponent has 0 health, they cannot clash it. I'll try to explain it a little better than I did in the OP, I wanted to get this out so fast that I didn't spend too much time proof reading.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
ive used double rot WC MB a few times now its so dirty , ill definitely try the trait out and see how that goes , as a block string / tick damage thingy why not try 112 WCC . thats all ill do to close a match grave rot then spam WCCs till they die its so dumb !!

KIllaByte

ive used double rot WC MB a few times now its so dirty , ill definitely try the trait out and see how that goes , as a block string / tick damage thingy why not try 112 WCC . thats all ill do to close a match grave rot then spam WCCs till they die its so dumb !!
Will the WCC connect on hit, after 1, 1, 2?

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
ll Nooby ll

I can't for the life of me get this. It's gotta be my timing. I got the AI set to jump back, forward, and up and he jumps out every time I dash in for a trait grab. Also, I try the option select stuff afterwards (x2 GR, dash up, 1 xx wc or d1 xx ex trait) and Lantern is able to lift me every time. I get the 1 from 1xxwc partially out before he can. Am I timing it wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it. I'm still awesome.

Last edited: