What's new

Tech Double D2 Quickstand combo

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I love how flash players use the Double D2 to keep their pressure coming fast. They can be tech rolled and they can wake up, but the knock down recovers so quickly I never see anyone escape.

So I figure maybe Catwoman could use one. Sorry if this has been seen before. You'll have to judge whether this setup is worth the meter. (There may be midscreen versions too).

Combo into CS1, D2, Jp2, 11, 12 MB Dash, (slight walk forward) F3, D2

The second D2 causes the opponent to stand instantly upon knockdown. And suddenly your attack is coming at them quicker than anticipated.

Something interesting about this is that Standing 1 actually jail immediately, so they can't D1 you out of the string, even though it's a high. It causes them to block. I guess this means they could just D1 regardless of what they think you're gonna do, and they'll either hit you or they'll just block by default, but I suppose in that case your MB launchers become an option.

It's a bar of meter and a damage sacrifice, but in a tense fight it'll be hard to react to.

A meterless version is possible with CS1, D2, F3, 11, D2. But it's much stricter.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I now actually never stop inputting Shazam's teleport during my opponents combos.
COnsistent wakeups are good-- and getting bodied by stuff like this is bad.
That's the fastest consistent quickstand I've ever seen.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I now actually never stop inputting Shazam's teleport during my opponents combos.
COnsistent wakeups are good-- and getting bodied by stuff like this is bad.
That's the fastest consistent quickstand I've ever seen.
flash's quick stand can be done even faster because of the 11,11,11 juggling that makes the gravity higher, i can make it so where you literally have to be mashing out a wake up in order to get one out while being combo'd like you mentioned in your post.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
flash's quick stand can be done even faster because of the 11,11,11 juggling that makes the gravity higher, i can make it so where you literally have to be mashing out a wake up in order to get one out while being combo'd like you mentioned in your post.
Flash also has that fast recovering down + 2 and trait options.. He seems to have built for quickstands, and many other rad offensive things.