What's new

Question Doomsday + Corner = ???

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I can't recreate it, but I feel like it's definitely there. Against both AI and humans.

It's happened to me a bit in the past, but last night it was repeatedly apparent.
And I can't figure out how.
Once against Aquaman, Batgirl, Arrow, Deathstroke, and Ares.
I would back them into the corner, and go for some manner of Nova setup.
And they, either standing or rolling after a knockdown, would be backed ALL THE WAY BACK INTO THE CORNER, where there is no room to avoid the attack, and they would avoid the attack.
Aquaman's the only one who did it in the left, in the Hall Of Justice yard.
The rest were on the right. Various, assorted stages.
Am I taking crazy pills? How do you backdash an attack when you have no more room?
Has anyone else seen such a thing occur?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Happens to me shitload of times, backdash has invincible frames at the start as a game rule, it doesn't matter if there is or isn't enough room for the entire animation to deploy.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes, as a bane it plagues us too. Backdash invuln counts for the animation, so even if you run out of space you can still shimmy away from attacks. How to solve it? As doomsday, the easiest way I found is to use MB basic venom setups since your second dash will catch them.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yes, as a bane it plagues us too. Backdash invuln counts for the animation, so even if you run out of space you can still shimmy away from attacks. How to solve it? As doomsday, the easiest way I found is to use MB basic venom setups since your second dash will catch them.

That's what I started doing, which is probably for the best since both Novas can be punished/armored away from...that just outright makes no fucking sense. The backdash, sure, that way you have the means to get up, but it isn't completely free, but what the physics fuck world is it out there when a giant stone behemoth falls on you out of the sky and you just dust your shoulders off.

:coffee:

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
NRS is trying to teach kids playing these games a lesson. Bullies will not be tolerated. You are not allowed to be a big guy and punch people in a corner, it's better to be the little guy run away and throw things at bullies as you leave.

webreg

Noob
You can back dash interactables without taking damage. Problem is that the timing is strict enough to not matter. I have only once seen it done and that was at CEO. I would assume this is the case here too. I don't think anyone will back dash in the corner on purpose with the intent to avoid pressure when you can just block, armor, jump or wake up. Sure if it is a mix-up you probably only have a 50% chance to avoid it but the chances of getting a back dash right is way lower than that because the timing needs to match the attack and is not something you can train to do correctly or on reaction. Backdashing interactables is possible though and Mayo made a video about that.

You can back dash interactables without taking damage. Problem is that the timing is strict enough to not matter. I have only once seen it done and that was at CEO. I would assume this is the case here too. I don't think anyone will back dash in the corner on purpose with the intent to avoid pressure when you can just block, armor, jump or wake up. Sure if it is a mix-up you probably only have a 50% chance to avoid it but the chances of getting a back dash right is way lower than that because the timing needs to match the attack and is not something you can train to do correctly or on reaction. Backdashing interactables is possible though and Mayo made a video about that.
I also saw Tyrant back dashing some interactibles on reaction at WNF one time. I'm sure we'll see more back dashing of interactibles at Evo

webreg

Noob
Hmm I wonder how long the invincibility lasts and where it sets in. I could probably set up a computer analyzed test to figure this out.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Hmm I wonder how long the invincibility lasts and where it sets in. I could probably set up a computer analyzed test to figure this out.
It would be SO useful to actually know how many invincible frames there are and when they are active. We need more solid info like that.

webreg

Noob
More so it would be interesting to know if it is the same for every character or if it is unique to their dashes.