What's new

DOOM 4

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Doom 3 BFG edition was not bad, I liked how they came with the original 2 games on the same disc. But I am hyped for this. that Cyberdemon though! Shoot it until it dies!

Tony at Home

Warrior
How was wolfenstein? and the beta?
Wolfenstein was OK. The shooting was really good, however the game slows down in the middle with 4 consecutive levels that have little or no shooting (fetch quest level, concentration camp level, another fetch quest level, then the dumb catacombs level)

Voice acting is ridiculously good for every character except BJ- which may or may not have been done on purpose because he's portrayed as somewhat a parody of himself- an old school cliche action hero existing in the modern world of realistic well-written video game characters. The plot is 'meh', but dialogue and characters are well written and clever.

Very long 16 hour story mode, but as mentioned before, 3 hours of it is devoted to filler. So it's good, but I question if it was worth $60 dollars to buy it new on day 1.

Haven't been given info on the Beta yet. I'm registered and told that I will be emailed when it begins and given instructions on how to download etc.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Wolfenstein was OK. The shooting was really good, however the game slows down in the middle with 4 consecutive levels that have little or no shooting (fetch quest level, concentration camp level, another fetch quest level, then the dumb catacombs level)

Voice acting is ridiculously good for every character except BJ- which may or may not have been done on purpose because he's portrayed as somewhat a parody of himself- an old school cliche action hero existing in the modern world of realistic well-written video game characters. The plot is 'meh', but dialogue and characters are well written and clever.

Very long 16 hour story mode, but as mentioned before, 3 hours of it is devoted to filler. So it's good, but I question if it was worth $60 dollars to buy it new on day 1.

Haven't been given info on the Beta yet. I'm registered and told that I will be emailed when it begins and given instructions on how to download etc.
Oh ok cool, 16 hrs not bad for story, most games storymode can be beaten within 5 hrs tops. Not counting RPG of course, I wonder if this DOOM is a continuation or a Remake, since its just called "DOOM"

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I bought BFG edition as well and I even bought the 3 originals on PC and use the various engines for the game as well make a few wads for the game as well. I'm glad to see a teaser at least, because I've heard many crazy things about the development hell this game has been in for so long. I was once a huge Doom junky!!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Oh ok cool, 16 hrs not bad for story, most games storymode can be beaten within 5 hrs tops. Not counting RPG of course, I wonder if this DOOM is a continuation or a Remake, since its just called "DOOM"
I read once that its suppose to be a remake of Doom 2 and its going to take place on Earth and continue the story. Doom 3's story wasn't that half bad and damn it was scary the first time you played through it.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I read once that its suppose to be a remake of Doom 2 and its going to take place on Earth and continue the story. Doom 3's story wasn't that half bad and damn it was scary the first time you played through it.
Oh cool, no kidding.

aj1701

Warrior
I bought BFG edition as well and I even bought the 3 originals on PC and use the various engines for the game as well make a few wads for the game as well. I'm glad to see a teaser at least, because I've heard many crazy things about the development hell this game has been in for so long. I was once a huge Doom junky!!
I still have the cdroms with the dos versions of the games. even made a few levels for d1 at one point.