What's new

Dont just blame the new guy

X820

Noob
GonzOxthexDoctoR said:
When Im in a tournament and the MK2 gods decide to give me mileena against reptile ill sai spam the fuck outta them. Give me one good reason why I should jeopardize a free win and play like a gentleman?
+1

X820

Noob
You replying with a "what if" is playing theory fighter.

BeRB said:
You should have been doing some of that since MK1, Just because you play aggressively at all times doesn't mean you should that's just what you like to do and play. Dodging baited attacks is a rough battle
This is not only assuming wildly it's kind of stupid aswell.

Wow i cant remember how this debate turned to sai spamming, but if you want to win a game by sai spamming thats cool, i personaly myself dont bother with it anymore, but the topic was on players who do nothing at all but counter your every move, players who back up constantly, and im not talking about new players because i understand new players taking this approach. Im talking about experienced veterans who still choose to play like a pussy despite knowing the game inside out. Its nothing to do with having to obide by some code of honour bullshit, but failing to realise that this game is a contact game and contact is whats needed. I mean would you watch a boxing match or a UFC fight if one fighter just kept his distance and just pranced around the ring while the other followed?

drummistjoey said:
Wow i cant remember how this debate turned to sai spamming, but if you want to win a game by sai spamming thats cool, i personaly myself dont bother with it anymore, but the topic was on players who do nothing at all but counter your every move, players who back up constantly, and im not talking about new players because i understand new players taking this approach. Im talking about experienced veterans who still choose to play like a pussy despite knowing the game inside out. Its nothing to do with having to obide by some code of honour bullshit, but failing to realise that this game is a contact game and contact is whats needed. I mean would you watch a boxing match or a UFC fight if one fighter just kept his distance and just pranced around the ring while the other followed?
I'm not going to really pick apart what you said here, but if playing keep-away and winning is pussy, I'll be a floppy vagina and win rather than be a courageous loser. I'm not elite by any stretch, but I know the game mechanics enough to know that this game is extremely turtle-friendly. Unless I'm Shang or Raiden or someone with godlike jab pressure, I'm not coming to you. Sorry. Also the UFC thing doesn't really apply because UFC fighters can't really throw lightning bolts and flaming skulls. They can't just throw out a projectile and wait for Time Over like you can in a fighting game, they HAVE to land hits to win.

Play smart. That's all. You guys may have fun dicking around or whatever in casuals, but when it comes down to a serious match or tournament, it is just asinine to limit yourself to this "I don't want to play like a bitch" mindset.

X820

Noob
Davey_8000 said:
but when it comes down to a serious match or tournament, it is just asinine to limit yourself to this "I don't want to play like a bitch" mindset.
You're right 100%

Discussions like these always turn out about beeing smart and whatnot, while it started beeing about casuals... Tournament play = rape anyway you can, goes without saying :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
OK ENOUGH.

I just cleaned this thread of the back and forth crap. Please keep the bickering to PM where it belongs and the real discussion in here.

If thats your mindset Davey 8000 then so be it. And thank you for the correction that a UFC fighter cant throw lightening bolts or projectiles, ill be sure to use Pokemon references next time im trying to get a point across. Anyways everyone has their own personality when it comes to how an mk2 match should be played, wheter they like to vary their distances or go in attack depending on their opponent or how the game is fairing out, but i will never get over how anyone can have the patience and lack of dignity to spend 90 seconds a round just backing up, and ESPECIALLY players who play this way have the balls to complain when u play back the same way. There is nothing more i can say really that i havent really said before only.......why cant we get UMK3 here in Ireland???

drummistjoey said:
If thats your mindset Davey 8000 then so be it. And thank you for the correction that a UFC fighter cant throw lightening bolts or projectiles, ill be sure to use Pokemon references next time im trying to get a point across. Anyways everyone has their own personality when it comes to how an mk2 match should be played, wheter they like to vary their distances or go in attack depending on their opponent or how the game is fairing out, but i will never get over how anyone can have the patience and lack of dignity to spend 90 seconds a round just backing up, and ESPECIALLY players who play this way have the balls to complain when u play back the same way. There is nothing more i can say really that i havent really said before only.......why cant we get UMK3 here in Ireland???
Lack of dignity? It's a fighting game, man. I don't play a fighting game for my opponent to have fun. I play because I want to win. But to say I have no dignity because I play to win instead of entertaining my opponent is just ridiculous.

This argument has been done to death so many times on this site, I'm just gonna stop because it's just stupid. Play how you want. I'll stick to playing smart.

drummistjoey said:
I mean would you watch a boxing match or a UFC fight if one fighter just kept his distance and just pranced around the ring while the other followed?
People keep paying to see Lyoto Machida, Anderson Silva, and Michael Bisping dance around and bait for counters, so consider this a bad example for that reason as opposed to the lightning bolt and fireball one.

I agree with what most people have said; all is fair in serious play and tourney matches. Why not?

As for casuals, that's all up to the two people playing. Some people, I agree, take casuals too seriously and go overboard with counterpicking, running away, turtling, and abusing sai-spam/MGP/etc., but you can always leave if you don't like it and try to find someone else to play. Personally, no matter how annoying I may find it (and I do sometimes find it annoying, depends entirely on my mood), I try to stick around for a little while to get better at dealing with it. Getting your ass kicked by losing 38 out of 50 matches against realtalk718 or kensidj isn't always fun, either (again, depends on the mood), but it makes you better, so I jump at the chance when it's there.