What's new

Don't bother timing your wakeup options even online, here is a better way to do it

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I just used this in some matches and it definitely works. Wow, I was just complaining about this in a thread. Hehe.
Thanks Eddy!

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
What about fallout? That’s the one I have the most trouble with. I can see my character get up — I can’t seem to judge when my character reaches the apex of a launch.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
@Eddy Wang I'm testing this and correct me if I'm wrong, or if I've misunderstood your video, but this has nothing to do with "holding" the button. It's about hitting the buttons at the early point of the input window. You're hitting it and holding it to wait for the wakeup to come out. But if you hit it with the same time and RELEASE the buttons, the wakeup still come out at the same time after waiting. So really, you're just demonstrating the right input timing of a wakeup, not a trick about holding.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Yoooo thanks a lot for this man, I get blown up a lot in laggy matches cuz i fail to time my wake up and now you telling me I DON'T HAVE TO TIME ANYTHING? That's actually pretty huge bro, Very nice find.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang I'm testing this and correct me if I'm wrong, or if I've misunderstood your video, but this has nothing to do with "holding" the button. It's about hitting the buttons at the early point of the input window. You're hitting it and holding it to wait for the wakeup to come out. But if you hit it with the same time and RELEASE the buttons, the wakeup still come out at the same time after waiting. So really, you're just demonstrating the right input timing of a wakeup, not a trick about holding.
you hold the buttons as soon as your character starts moving to stand and once the wakeup window becomes available it will activate.
what i used to do is look for that particular frame demonstraded in the tutorial to input the wakeup, but you can hold it way more earlier and once the window appears the wakeup comes out anyway.

will definitely test more when i'm home, currently working

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
NIce vid, I've noticed the wake ups in this game definitely feel inconsistent and online especially. I miss MK 9's wake ups in terms of execution. Good to know man, thanks! Also, cool accent!

Im confused. Its not working for me.

If I hold u3 on knockdown too early I get a jump.

It will come out if I hold but no earlier than if I just pressed the buttons timed

you hold the buttons as soon as your character starts moving to stand and once the wakeup window becomes available it will activate.
what i used to do is look for that particular frame demonstraded in the tutorial to input the wakeup, but you can hold it way more earlier and once the window appears the wakeup comes out anyway
I think what @Under_The_Mayo is saying is tapping the button as soon as your character starts moving will also work, because that's the normal timing for getup attacks. You don't have to wait for that particular frame in the tutorial to input.