What's new

Question - Ferra/Torr Does f/t have a true 50/50

Wigy

There it is...
been playing my friend in long sets all night and was getting pissy when none of my breakers were landing. He said he was fuzzy guarding i thought it was bullshit but then realised after about landing 1/10 block breakers in 3-4 hours he must actually be fuzzy guarding. Not sure if this is common knowledge but from everywhere ive read it says he has a 50/50. Looking at the frames one is like 15 the other is 26 so im guessing that is fuzzy guardable. If so how do u open people up aside from d1CG and pressure with b12 string

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
My bro plays Ferra/Torr so I have a ton of experience facing him and I think his OH/Low can be fuzzy guarded but it's impossible to block forever and F/T has really great pressure along with a command grab so it's definitely possible to open people up with the OH/Low anyways. Also, his throw range is ridiculous so putting that in the mix makes it even tougher to deal with.

You can also delay your OH/Low so it can't be fuzzy guarded btw.

Wigy

There it is...
My bro plays Ferra/Torr so I have a ton of experience facing him and I think his OH/Low can be fuzzy guarded but it's impossible to block forever and F/T has really great pressure along with a command grab so it's definitely possible to open people up with the OH/Low anyways. Also, his throw range is ridiculous so putting that in the mix makes it even tougher to deal with.

You can also delay your OH/Low so it can't be fuzzy guarded btw.
what do you mean by delaying it?
Its slow as fuck if i delay it i'll just get poked lol

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
Not ideal its already 26 frames
What he means is, if the opponent is fuzzy guarding, they will block low then overhead since the low comes out a good bit faster. So if you delay the f2 off of a jump in it will hit them when they begin to block high.

And if they are poking you out then they are not fuzzy guarding so feel free to do whichever you please.

Wigy

There it is...
What he means is, if the opponent is fuzzy guarding, they will block low then overhead since the low comes out a good bit faster. So if you delay the f2 off of a jump in it will hit them when they begin to block high.

And if they are poking you out then they are not fuzzy guarding so feel free to do whichever you please.
I get you now.

Just as a general question in using f12 and d1 pressure. D1 CG on block anything elsee to use

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
Very few things Ferra Torr does is punishable so in general you will only be negative a few frames. My best advice would be make your opponent make you respect them. If that makes any sense.

In Lackey if you're barely negative don't be afraid to press buttons. D1 is only 6 frames and has ridiculous reach so most characters can only hope to beat you with a poke even off of negative strings. Command grab has range and is a great tool to mix in with pokes. Armor after block strings to make them second guess themselves the next time you have meter. Pressure can be made through mind games alone.

In ruthless / vicious NjP after strings will beat just about all pokes. Ending strings in Ferra Toss leaves you at +6. Bully them.

Hope that helps.

One more thing to add here. F2 and The B2 starter aren't your only options. You don't need to go for the big combo starter every time you get in. Make sure you're mixing things up with other strings like 1,1 (which is super plus on hit and will buy you a free mixup) and B3, 2+4. If you're up against someone who's blocking everything, throw them, repeatedly, until they learn that's not the best option. With the crazy reach F/T has, you can also bait and punish a lot of things by stepping into and out of the opponent's range.

Use all of your options. Being predictable is a sure fire way to get stuffed constantly in this game.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Don't be afraid to click against their guard with moves like f.3 or 11. The f.3 will give you enough advantage to start up pressure and grants a tick throw in vicious, while 11 has fast recovery and can be used on block to trick the opponents. Either they block high and avoid the OH options but risk getting hit by the raw low, or they block low expecting it and eat the OH option and oki.

You can also take advantage of the fact that in Vicious/Ruthless, charge is a fast overhead. Try cancelling your low into it enough times and the opponent will begin to respect it. Then you can start really abusing them with back to back f.2s, or an f.2 into bowl girl.