What's new

Does anyone here own a T-Unit MK1 board?

I'm trying to find out whether or not I'm the only one in this situation.

I got a Revision 5 MK1 in the mail a couple months ago, but I never had the chance to do anything with it on account of my hectic work schedule. Now I'm finally making my way back into the game room, but when I went to swap out the old Revision 4 with the new T-Unit I noticed something...

In the process of cleaning the board, I thought this resistor felt a little loose:

Well flipping the board over, I saw this:

It turns out there was never any solder applied to it. It's been sitting there loosely all this time. Now what I wonder is if this resistor is even necessary, it doesn't seem aftermarket but there's still a possibility that it's unneeded. Does anyone else have this small resistor at the bottom of their board?

My y-unit board has a loose one just like that, almost same area. It too had no solder but I plugged her up and she works fine.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I have about 4 t-unit boards at home awaiting unpacking, but alas, I am still in Afghanistan for 2 more months. That resistor is not aftermarket. Looks to me like there are no traces for the resistor to link into a circuit. It's probably there as a spare for some other location. I would just remove it and same it in case you need it later.

Thanks guys. I checked the NBA Jam board and it is soldered on, but like MK3fan said the traces seem nonexistent. It appears to play fine though, like bulldawgs Y-Unit.

Edit- I decided to check the traces while I had the board out and one of them is actually connected to the ground like the others. I need to poke around a bit more. Very strange.