What's new

Does anybody play ''Cyblax'' Kompetitively?

KRYS9984

Noob
I was under the impression most cyrax players play both, and switch dependent upon matchups. i.e. cyblax for kabal
Not all Cyrax mains use both costumes because they have different properties.

Imho, If I decided to play Human Cyrax, I'd have to re-learn some tech because they actually feel like two different characters. Their gameplay does not relate to one another and getting accustomed to certain specials (projectile speed, bomb distances, being able to slightly abuse teleports, etc...) and combos would take some time getting used to.

It's worth a shot for certain match-ups, his teleport is a useful tool to get in on heavy projectile zoning.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
It's happened. The Telepoof safety and lowered while hitbox throwing nets comes in handy, but ultimate, it's still Kabal's game.

REO Maxter Krayzie
Teleport is actually not safe, it just has invincibility on the first few frames uppon appearing.

Its definitely great against Kabal's iagb, but I don't use him because I don't feel I need to. The Kabal match-up is not that bad, and I'd rather stick to the robot.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Teleport is actually not safe, it just has invincibility on the first few frames uppon appearing.

Its definitely great against Kabal's iagb, but I don't use him because I don't feel I need to. The Kabal match-up is not that bad, and I'd rather stick to the robot.
Same. I thought for a while he'd be the magic answer, but it turned out to be nowhere near as much of a game-changer as I'd hoped. MK3 Cyrax > all.

NariTuba

disMember
If the Kabal has his iagbs 100% on point (first iagb of the series always hits, and all iagbs after also hit) Cyblax actually makes no difference. All Kabal has to do is zone from 3/4 screen which guarantees that Cyblax will not recover from throwing a net if he ExNDs through. Cyblax can try to dash back to full screen to throw the net, but this only gives him some meter when Kabal blocks it (you will never catch him). Bombs are slower than robo and dont lower his hitbox. Everytime you teleport you are in his pressure, unless you guess he will do a saw and teleport in time to apply pressure or even punish.

The thing is if you play against a mid level Kabal, you can actually win some games because zoning Cyblax is harder. At the highest possible level this is a blowup tho.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
If the Kabal has his iagbs 100% on point (first iagb of the series always hits, and all iagbs after also hit) Cyblax actually makes no difference. All Kabal has to do is zone from 3/4 screen which guarantees that Cyblax will not recover from throwing a net if he ExNDs through. Cyblax can try to dash back to full screen to throw the net, but this only gives him some meter when Kabal blocks it (you will never catch him). Bombs are slower than robo and dont lower his hitbox. Everytime you teleport you are in his pressure, unless you guess he will do a saw and teleport in time to apply pressure or even punish.

The thing is if you play against a mid level Kabal, you can actually win some games because zoning Cyblax is harder. At the highest possible level this is a blowup tho.
Actually, if Human can get Kabal to block a projectile, he can get in.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I would like to add that with all the recent discoveries like breaker traps, higher damage 1-bar resets that only robo can do, ect. robo will get more play from me, and I used to use human vs Kabal 100% of the time. HE can still do the breaker trap, but it uses 2 bars (thanks J360) and "only" does around 70% with a 1 bar reset mid-screen, while robo does 80+...

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i still prefer human vs kabal, i only really get to play reo's kabal and thats about the best practice you can get in the matchup. We've played it out so much that quite honestly its not that bad for either version, but human is definitely harder for kabal to deal with. In order to hit the teleport on the other side you have to guess right or do a meaty move and pray you timed it right to hit the teleport, if not your going to get fucking blown up. Regardless its best to just move away from the teleport all together instead of trying to punish it. I still use human for kabal, and i eat most kabals alive with robo.