What's new

Does a T-Unit MK use the same sound board as a Y-Unit?

Right now I have an offer for a T-Unit MK board by itself. I have a Y-Unit in my cabinet now which has the sound board, ribbon cable and sound pot. Would I need a different sound board for the T-Unit MK, or can I use the one I have now? Thanks in advance,

-TM

TerryMasters said:
Right now I have an offer for a T-Unit MK board by itself. I have a Y-Unit in my cabinet now which has the sound board, ribbon cable and sound pot. Would I need a different sound board for the T-Unit MK, or can I use the one I have now? Thanks in advance,

-TM
Hmmm can't tell that for sure ,but the both are different units....

Ah, thanks man. All this while I thought I had a T-Unit board, bought some roms to upgrade it to 5.0 and everything, then I looked at it and let out one of those Charlie Brown, 'ugh's.

iammud

Noob
Just for reference, you can quickly tell by the color of the dipswitches; blue is y, red is t.

Edit- hrmm from the looks of some of those prototype boards, this might not be the case... All my y units have blue dips, and my t units have red. (not all mk games though). So I always used that as a reference when digging through arcade auction boxes.

Looks like towards the end of the y-unit's life they switched to red dips.