What's new

Question - Cyrax Dodge. Duck. Dive. How are Cyrax mains handling zoning?

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Hey Cyrax ppl. I just had some really ggs with @Psyren136 's Sektor. I don't know if I've ever been so frustrated by a zoner before lol. Teleport, even on a read (doing it before or at the same time as a straight missle), was too slow to net me any kind of reward.

What methods are you guys using to get in and lock down a zoner?

I'm gonna have to lab some cyrax and see if I can find more options for you.

Also need to find a way to punish the MB charge on block after Tele.

Kroaken

I'm gonna have to lab some cyrax and see if I can find more options for you.

Also need to find a way to punish the MB charge on block after Tele.
Well it looked like if i crouch blocked the mb charge it awkwardly crossed over and i could punish. But it looked buggy to me. Cyrax tele is just super slow and is also unsafe.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I've yet to face a good Sektor but I'm not exactly what the struggle is?
His zoning is by no means shit tier but getting past it is very straight forward, duck the missile and run/dash when his up missiles leave the screen.

His EX zoning attacks are godlike though, but it's not like meter building is insane.

Kroaken

I've yet to face a good Sektor but I'm not exactly what the struggle is?
His zoning is by no means shit tier but getting past it is very straight forward, duck the missile and run/dash when his up missiles leave the screen.

His EX zoning attacks are godlike though, but it's not like meter building is insane.
I thought his zoning was good. And imo he actually does build a ton of meter. I tried to rush during up missles but I (no joke) would dodge 2 of thrm and the third would hit me by landing in a different spot. Ask @Psyren136 if u dont believe me lol. It even happened if i jumped over sektor. Two missles in front, one behind.

Kroaken

They stop tracking when they're off screen so that's your queue to run up.
I'll try this again next time we run sets. I should add that today is my day 1 with cyrax. I had enough time to learn a 35% bnb before we started running sets. I'll keep at it. Thanks!

Yeah a few times the missles tracking went wierd if he jumped and tried to cross me up. Like 2missles would hit same side then the other two would track and hit him opposite side.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
You have to slow down against zoners. I like to throw far bombs to walk them back into the corner or bait a jump-in. It also depends on the zoner. For example, a Kitana player will spam air fans, so I'll throw far air bombs. Against FA Jacqui, I'll throw far ground bombs. You can also throw a far bomb followed by a mid air bomb to prevent them from jumping towards you.

Don't throw a net from full-screen. It recovers so slow.

And yes, also use F34.

Kroaken

You have to slow down against zoners. I like to throw far bombs to walk them back into the corner or bait a jump-in. It also depends on the zoner. For example, a Kitana player will spam air fans, so I'll throw far air bombs. Against FA Jacqui, I'll throw far ground bombs. You can also throw a far bomb followed by a mid air bomb to prevent them from jumping towards you.

Don't throw a net from full-screen. It recovers so slow.

And yes, also use F34.
Ok. Thank you and i will try this. I had attempted far ground bomb a few times but ate a few missles trying and I wasnt being rewarded.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Ok. Thank you and i will try this. I had attempted far ground bomb a few times but ate a few missles trying and I wasnt being rewarded.
Against Sektor, throw a far bomb and wait, bait the tele-uppercut. F34 can go under missiles, but don't do it too far or you will be punished. But be careful of his air dash after tele-uppercut. He basically controls the screen with his speed and zoning. Play patiently :) Don't throw a net from full-screen because you'll be punished with tele-uppercut. Good luck.

Kroaken

Against Sektor, throw a far bomb and wait, bait the tele-uppercut. F34 can go under missiles, but don't do it too far or you will be punished. But be careful of his air dash after tele-uppercut. He basically controls the screen with his speed and zoning. Play patiently :) Don't throw a net from full-screen because you'll be punished with tele-uppercut. Good luck.
Thank you!!

JDM

Noob
Against a high projectile like Sektor's you can use F34 to get in (a severely underrated string btw. I use this to meaty on wakeup since it has insane active frames and it low profiles a lot of wakeups)

But overall you're just trying to inch your way in to play footsies. If you can get bombs out do it, and you can also trade with net but unfortunately you don't get much anymore with the nerfs unless the projectiles has little hit advantage.

Kroaken

Against a high projectile like Sektor's you can use F34 to get in (a severely underrated string btw. I use this to meaty on wakeup since it has insane active frames and it low profiles a lot of wakeups)

But overall you're just trying to inch your way in to play footsies. If you can get bombs out do it, and you can also trade with net but unfortunately you don't get much anymore with the nerfs unless the projectiles has little hit advantage.
Thanks chief. I'll add it to my newborn baby cyrax :)