What's new

Doctor Who

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Not sure what Doctor Who is? Click here!

I reckon I've seen enough fans around here to finally make this thread, and considering the new series starts at the end of the month there's a fair bit to discuss. For those fans who haven't seen it, a trailer to get you hyped:

To get some discussion going, which Doctor is your favourite?
For me, it's Matt Smith. Keep calm and respect the fez.

zee

Icy
I really liked David Tennant! To me, he'd been the face of Doctor Who as I'd seen him since I first learned about the show. Though, it's natural to feel comfortable with someone after so much exposure.

I'm definitely looking forward to Matt's next season; this show is one-of-a-kind and I wouldn't even miss it if the Doctor was a talking chihuahua. :D

D_W

The Could-Have-Been King
I like Doctor Who (hence my avatar, though if I could get a picture of Saibot dressed as Matt Smith era doctor... oh man). I didn't really know about it until the 2005 stuff and really been enjoying it since. I've seen some classic who here and there, but never really delved into mostly because I don't know where to start!

And my username has nothing to do with Doctor Who, it's just a coincidence.

EDIT: And as for my favorite Doctor. I don't really have one. I do like how the original acted a bit like a stuck up teenager (as he wasn't far from one for a Time Lord I suppose) and Matt Smith acts more like a oddball grandpa. Especially considering the age of the actors.

gdf

Kombatant
Good stuff. It's a shame I may never see some of these adventures, due to Doctor Who being creepier than Mortal Kombat at times.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
It can be pretty crazy to say its a family show, I really like the idea of the silence so far. They're like the weeping angels in the sense that you have to keep looking at them.

SZSR

Warrior
It can be pretty crazy to say its a family show, I really like the idea of the silence so far. They're like the weeping angels in the sense that you have to keep looking at them.
Seriously, the weeping angels freaked me out, heck after I saw this:
I couldn't look at statues the same way again, as in, when I walk around in museums with statues, I tend to stare at them. Curse you Doctor Who for having convincing acting and suspending my disbelief so easily...

Obvious, Doctor Who fan here.

Hated David Tennant's era, but luckily his companions made up for it. I'm more a fan of the Big Finish Doctor Who audio dramas than anything else.

My favorite, thanks to the audios, is Colin Baker. LOVE his version as the Sixth.

gdf

Kombatant
Return from the grave, or rather a continuation of something already happening from a non-linear, non-subjective point of view.
However, I would like us to talk about Torchwood here too, the reason I got into Doctor Who is because I went onto forums that would talk about it regularly, just not a huge Torchwood fanbase.