What's new

Discovered an Ascii mode

SkylerA

Noob
Ascii mode example

From the main menu, press and hold all the shoulder buttons as well as the left stick (click it in and hold it). Keep holding everything. This will bring up either the LT or RT menu. Press B to dismiss the window. Now press B again to toggle on/off ascii mode. You can also press A to bring up the diagnostic info that WB support sometimes asks for.

Basically anytime you're on the main menu, hold all those buttons (lb,lt,rb,rt,l stick) and then tap b to enable on/off.

Ascii mode seems to render anything 3d in a limited ascii character/color rendering. I'm guessing it's some sort of visual debug mode for the devs, but still interesting to look at. Going to the character select screen is interesting as it shows a pre rendered 2d still of the character rendered normally and then once the 3d model is loaded, it's swapped in and the ascii rendering is shown.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ascii mode example

From the main menu, press and hold all the shoulder buttons as well as the left stick (click it in and hold it). Keep holding everything. This will bring up either the LT or RT menu. Press B to dismiss the window. Now press B again to toggle on/off ascii mode. You can also press A to bring up the diagnostic info that WB support sometimes asks for.

Basically anytime you're on the main menu, hold all those buttons (lb,lt,rb,rt,l stick) and then tap b to enable on/off.

Ascii mode seems to render anything 3d in a limited ascii character/color rendering. I'm guessing it's some sort of visual debug mode for the devs, but still interesting to look at. Going to the character select screen is interesting as it shows a pre rendered 2d still of the character rendered normally and then once the 3d model is loaded, it's swapped in and the ascii rendering is shown.
Man, I wish there was more shit like this in the game. I miss the SNES days when there were all kinds of cool secrets to discover. I guess that's one thing the internet kind of ruined. Even the pre-match codes from MK9 were a really cool and fun addition.