What's new

Discouraged after going online.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Tbh the only way youll get a fair match is if the person is right next to you lol ive find myself winning sometimes due to online glitches :) lol but most matches have delay problems which is the biggest headache of all

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@Wireframe2 @vcuzzo23

Ill play some MU's with ya in practice if you dont mind simi bad connection.

im only on XB1 now
GT: ESG Jagged

just play MU's and talk with sparing partner on what you did wrong, and how to improve, discuss
Frame Data, Setups, Space control and so on. untill you are familiar with that MU.

i personally play almost every character.
i have my fav's
Sonya Demo and sometimes CO, Predator Hunter/HQT, Cassie Brawler, Kitana Mournful, Jax HW, Kung Lao all.

and then i play several others for fun.
Johnny Cage AL/SD, Takeda Ronin, Mileena all, Sub Zero GM, Reptile Deceptive/Noxious,

i feel when you play with them you understand their holes/gaps better.

get a group of people to practice for input delay the best that you can, sometimes its impossible but it really helps.

Last edited:

TamedLizard

Buff George
Don't give up is probably the singularly best advice to give. Shit netcode aside, playing online will help you familiarize yourself with MUs and how people use certain characters. The more you play against them, the better prepared you are the next time you face them.

Other than that, jump into practice and set the AI to do the specials, combos, reversals, ect that are giving you trouble and build on that.

I thought I was hot shit when I first jumped online and boy was I in for a surprise. But keeping at it will benefit you GREATLY. I know it did me.

OmeMark

Ps4 / Kano
This is what got me to play better online.

Go to practice mode and set the opponent on AI - Medium (or Hard), make sure you turn the exBars off in options or computer will constantly give you the x-ray treat. And just practice landing your attacks. You can test range, single attacks, combo's. The good this is, you can go on forever without starting rounds over and over.

On medium I can pretty much land everything I want, but when I set the AI on hard it becomes trickier and I start to stress out soon enough. So it also forces me the relax a bit and test my blocking + reacting skills more.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Tonight was my first foray into online after practicing for about a week with Kenshi, and I got absolutely trounced. I didn't know how to block anything, and the few times where I managed to hit the opponent, I choked and couldn't land my full combo.

Any tips on how to improve before I go back online? I can practice combos and not choking, but my main issue is with blocking attacks and knowing when I can start up my own offense.
Don't know where you were so far, but we all established that online is rubbish.
Do NOT go online.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Best you can do is literally find a good player here and skype with him/her. If it's someone good, you'll level up without the fear of losing for no reason. You can add me if you want, I have very limited time but I'm always willing to help.
This is by far the best advice you can get.

I hate trying to explore new characters, tactics and strategies against most random players online. You're usually only going to find players willing to play extremely short sets and/or are simply playing to be a douche.

I have a few friends I can play hundreds of games and chat with online, and it greatly accelerates my learning experience.