What's new

Differents between Cyrax/Sektor and their machine forms

Impose

A Call For Blood
I always assumed that since it was just different costumes on character select they had no differences. But now that I'm trying to learn matchups and such it's come to my attention that cyborg versions of the two characters are better than the human counter parts

Why is this?

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Well, for Cyrax, his robo form shoots a net out of his chest. Human Cyrax can't exactly do that (cuz, you know, he's a human), so they needed to make a different animation for him. Same with his bombs and Sektor's missles and such.

It just so happens that Cyrax reaching for his belt and throwing a net takes longer than shooting it out of his chest, so it that sense it's worse, but human Cyrax also gets a lower hitbox when throwing his net, so there's that too. It's fun. It's like learning a new character with the same moves.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Well, for Cyrax, his robo form shoots a net out of his chest. Human Cyrax can't exactly do that (cuz, you know, he's a human), so they needed to make a different animation for him. Same with his bombs and Sektor's missles and such.
Yeah I knew all of that. But are the animations faster in cyborg form or something?

I only ask because I'm always browsing around tier lists and discussion matchups and cyborg cyrax is always like top top tier and his human form is just top tier.

ShadowBeatz

Yeah I knew all of that. But are the animations faster in cyborg form or something?

I only ask because I'm always browsing around tier lists and discussion matchups and cyborg cyrax is always like top top tier and his human form is just top tier.
Check my edit :)

I don't use either of the two but I would have to say that when they were designed, the designers wanted them to have a different look and feel.You have the cyborgs designed in hard-surface forms which pretty much means metal and things of that nature.But on the other hand you have the human forms which is organic meaning that simply put,humans.The two just wouldn't behave the same way visually or soundly.Maybe most people like the cyborg better because they just look more cool and the sound's that goes along with them is cool also.But I don't really see too much of a difference in a few of their moves so I could be wrong.

ShadowBeatz

Ah I gotcha.

I'd almost prefer the lower hitbox than a faster net considering how uncommon it is to throw out a naked net
Yeah, Human Cyrax has a little bit of an easier time with Kabal because of it. That and his teleport is a little safer. I just stick with Robo Cyrax though because.... well.... he's a damn robot. His name is Cyrax for god's sake XD

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I just look for any excuse to use that meme. I really appreciate the opening, bruh. Btw, didn't know there was a best before date on memes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356844053.262311.jpg

Edit: Nowhere in the OP did you say you were new to the game. Also, you did not Inb4.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Shangtor (Human Sektor) doesn't have many differences to his robot counterpart:

-His Straight Missile and his X-Ray travel lower in the screen because he's shooting them from his arm and not his chest.

-The hitbox for the last hit of his 1 2 2 string is bigger.

That's pretty much all differences that have been found so far.