What's new

Did Ed just confirm Sheeva?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Goro is already a fully fleshed out playable character this time around. No need for Sheeva. They will not waste a spot on her.

trufenix

bye felicia
Not even the same thing and you know it
Please explain the difference

Edit: If you're going to say something that basically amounts to "Sheeva is a shitty character and Scorpion isn't so she can die in a fire", every character is a shitty character and can die in a fire until something comes along and makes them good, which was the case with 60% of the characters in MK9 in whatever game they were last in.

Last edited:
You're right, we should also remove all the other two armed characters because we have Scorpion.
Okay, well, for one, Scorpion's selling point isn't that he has two arms. No character's selling point is that he has two arms! Ever. But Goro's selling point is that he has four. That's one of the two things, along with being a hard sub-boss from the original game, that makes him special. That's the difference.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I hated Sheeva with a passion during MK3, but after MK9 I want her in the game, sadly Goro is already in so I assume her chances are few ;_;

trufenix

bye felicia
Okay, well, for one, Scorpion's selling point isn't that he has two arms. No character's selling point is that he has two arms! Ever. But Goro's selling point is that he has four. That's one of the two things, along with being a hard sub-boss from the original game, that makes him special. That's the difference.
The selling point is whatever the fans want it to be. Is Jax's selling point that he's black? Cause nobody would be upset with Jax returning even though we already have other soldiers, other guys with strength powers, other guys with guns, even other guys with robot arms. Does he invalidate Darrius ever existing again? No. A shit character is a shit character and they stay that way until you make them good. "Selling point" is irrelevant. NRS redesigning and shoving Quan Chi down our throats for 15 years hasn't somehow made him the most popular villain, sorceror, or even guy from the Netherrealm. Because he's still just a stupid grey guy with a stupid bald head and nothing that Shang Tsung didn't already do better.

Scorpion doesn't even REMOTELY resemble the guy he was even two games ago, much less in the beginning. But he's a cool fucking character. Do you remember when Smoke was just Scorpion in grey? LITERALLY, just Scorpion in grey. Was he a cool character? Yes, because he was fucking Scorpion in grey. Then he was Scorpion AND Sektor in blue and he was lame. Then he was. . . well, whatever he was in Deception and he was even lamer. Now he's a long haired demon avatar Naruto reject from Sweden and he's awesome again.

Sheeva is one of two non-humanoid females in the entire series, one of maybe 3 total characters with strength based powers, and the only one with four arms (until now) who has ever been playable. She's got more selling points than almost the entire remaining rainbow of UMK3 ninjas put together and if she wasn't shit tier and generally unpleasant to use in MK9, she'd be way more popular and relevant.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Come on, dude.

Seriously.
Yeah, seriosuly.

Why does one person having four arms somehow mean that there can't be another person with four arms.

They don't even share any moves.

Edit: If you're going to say something that basically amounts to "Sheeva is a shitty character and Scorpion isn't so she can die in a fire", every character is a shitty character and can die in a fire until something comes along and makes them good, which was the case with 60% of the characters in MK9 in whatever game they were last in.
I don't understand why people have such a hard time wrapping their heads around the concepts of "improvement" and "repair".

All MK characters have so much freaking potential it's insane.

That said, if they bring her back, no more man-kini, Her alternate costume was IMO one of the best in the game and it really complemented her personality.

I honestly feel that if they used that as her primary people would have liked her a bit more in MK9, at least on a casual level because NRS fucked up and made her one of the worst to use in the game.

I still use her often online to clobber scrubs when I do play MK9, but damn do I hope she's back and better.

Last edited: