What's new

Dialed jump in combos

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
So my idea for the next game is that there are only one or two combos characters are allowed to do with the jump in punch. As opposed to linking in any combo in MK9.

These strictly jump in punch combos would do small amounts of damage. The idea is that cross ups won't be as powerful and that jump in combos are unique when compared to ground combos. This would be more of tool to help rather than a way to blow up your opponent.

However, it is hard to get a big combo in this game with combo breakers so maybe this would cut down on getting a big openings even more.

Well, what do you guys think?

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
Not to shoot your idea down entirely but, it sounds extremely limiting - I can't imagine any fighting game taking such a route, not even MK. It limits creativity and takes away a considerable amount of freedom from the player. If the idea is to stop the game from being so jump-in dependent then I think the new patch has done some things to mitigate the problem. They've reduced frame advantage so that people can't just railroad people with guessing games off of jumpins anymore. People have to commit more and thus take more risks.

My opinion is that if the idea is to take "additional" strength from jump-ins..... it would need to involve solutions without taking freedom from the player.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
I think the recent nerf to stun on jump-ins has already dealt with the problem you speak of.